Comfort zone

Ovis aries

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe the players have the same mindset as a section of our fans, just need to turn up and we will spank every team as they are all below us because we're going to walk the league.

That's where all this hysteria is coming from, expectations. Reminds me of some England fans as well, pre World Cup we're going to make the Quarters, the Semis....then we play a game and it's time to flood the team with youngsters that have only played for the U21's.

It's all these Super Duper Sunday Analysis Specials powered by Ford which has sparked all this evaluation and self-examination in football. And the internet and social media. Every win has to be some sort of corner-turning triumph, and every defeat the start of a mini-crisis.

Chill out - we've struggled through our first four games and lost one of them. There is nowhere near enough of a sample to tell anything yet. Most form indicators use the last five games, which we haven't done yet.

Anyone around in the 70s - did you sit in pubs doing this to yourselves four games into a season? 

Plus the fact we haven't got the balance right yet. We need to start playing players in the right position. We need to drop players that aren't fully fit.

The defensive midfield position should be between Eustace & Mascarell. The 2 midfield postions between Hendrick, Hughes & Bryson

But the simple fact is opposing teams have done their homework on us now. So not only have we got to sort out form & balance, we've also got to sort out new ways of breaking down teams.

Centre half is a must for me. I'm not that bothered about another winger.

It's all these Super Duper Sunday Analysis Specials powered by Ford which has spark all this evaluation and self-examination in football. And the internet and social media. Every win has to be some sort of corner-turning triumph, and every defeat the start of a mini-crisis.

Chill out, we've struggled through our first four games and lost one of them. There is nowhere near enough of a sample to tell anything yet. Most form indicators use the last five games, which we haven't done yet.

Anyone around in the 70s - did you sit in pubs doing this to yourselves four games into a season? 

I can remember us always being crap starters in the 70s.. 

Maybe the players have the same mindset as a section of our fans, just need to turn up and we will spank every team as they are all below us because we're going to walk the league.

That's where all this hysteria is coming from, expectations. Reminds me of some England fans as well, pre World Cup we're going to make the Quarters, the Semis....then we play a game and it's time to flood the team with youngsters that have only played for the U21's.

Spot on sir

It's all these Super Duper Sunday Analysis Specials powered by Ford which has spark all this evaluation and self-examination in football. And the internet and social media. Every win has to be some sort of corner-turning triumph, and every defeat the start of a mini-crisis.

Chill out, we've struggled through our first four games and lost one of them. There is nowhere near enough of a sample to tell anything yet. Most form indicators use the last five games, which we haven't done yet.

Modern football will eat itself.

Excellent post...correct in every aspect.

Not sure if things were panicky on here last season as only had time to pay the odd visit to the forums, but for me personally now the expectations aren't so high after seeing the early games.

If we get in the play offs I'll now be quite satisfied (providing we have a better outcome) as I doubt we will improve so much to go up automatically, had we had Thorne who knows, but we aren't really looking like a team about to take the league by storm from early impressions.

Not sure if things were panicky on here last season as only had time to pay the odd visit to the forums, but for me personally now the expectations aren't so high after seeing the early games.

If we get in the play offs I'll now be quite satisfied (providing we have a better outcome) as I doubt we will improve so much to go up automatically, had we had Thorne who knows, but we aren't really looking like a team about to take the league by storm from early impressions.

I think you should change your name from Peakram to Middlishram.

Not sure if things were panicky on here last season as only had time to pay the odd visit to the forums, but for me personally now the expectations aren't so high after seeing the early games.

the matchday thread for our opening day defeat to blackburn was about 150 pages long

Archived