Charlton v Derby County

Day

• Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Changes will be mainly down to fitness,can't see him panicking.

He's not panicking, he's daddling, Fulham will be our 5th game of the season and we need to make a decision in iur first choice lineup soon or we'll settle too late, Buxton sounds injured to me, and a lot of fans are looking through the bucko tinted glass to never blame him for any wrong defending when often he as much at fault as keogh.

I cant understand why some don't think we need a new centre back. Our defence was the weak link last season, we now have two attacking fullbacks who are better at attacking than defending. Because of this we need 2 rock solid centre backs, and I'm sorry but at the moment they are not!

Very happy for ward, a lot here (inc me) thought he was past his best. Great to be proved wrong.

Team for Sat:

Grant

Christie          Keogh        Whitbread           Forsyth

Eustace

Hendrick           Hughes

Russell                                                Ward

Martin

I think Bucko's hip is a prob and hampering him. Tough call Bryson/Hughes, but Hughes ability to pick a pass etc,wins for me, where as Bryson hasnt started as well so far...

Team for Sat:

Grant

Christie          Keogh        Whitbread           Forsyth

Eustace

Hendrick           Hughes

Russell                                                Ward

Martin

Agree

Sounded like Dawkins had a good game from radio, McClaren saying on radio really poor errors cost us at back.

First goal winger ran at Christie he backed off, crossed to player who had time to turn n shoot before Keogh got a challenge in, second one their man skipped past Buxton but Keogh should have got the ball got muscled out of it and fell on top of their man, clear penalty that should have been avoided, third goal, half hearted effort by Forsyth to stop cross, player flicked on ahead of Buxton and Keogh trying to play offside lets their man head it in unchallenged.

Couldn't see us losing coming up to ht.

Defence cost us, both central defenders were at fault and we didn't look solid at all. Bryson was also anonymous for large periods.

Early days though, and we will still be in the mix come may, hughes is a loss playing cdm, we need him futher up the field.

Archived