forwards ?

nfb

I'm worried.

We've never "dropped" Martin before and I'm scared for the reaction as we can all see this is not the same Martin as last season.

I can't see Best coming in for a winger and us changing formation.

However I can see this being deployed at Charlton..

Grant

Christie Keogh Whitbread Forsyth

Hendrick Eustace Hughes

Russell Martin Dawkins

Roos, Buxton, Mascarell, Bryson, Ward, Calero, Best.

Only reason Bucko out is due to the tablets he's taking before games. Can't see him doing a 2 game week.

Calero definitely being introduced more into the 1st team set up, other wise he wouldn't of been there on Saturday. Can see him getting 10 minutes at the end.

Don't think Dawkins can do 90 minutes. Seems better coming off the bench.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just putting this out there, but maybe not all the squad were happy about the lack of match-by-match bonus & some have lost their mojo? *puts tin hat on & ducks for cover*

According to McClaren all that story about "match-by-match bonus" was bullshit.

Eustace and Dawkins noooooooooooooooooo. Please no .

PS This is better

Grant

Christie. Buxton Keogh. Forsyth

Mascarell

Russell. Hendrick. Hughes. Calero

Martin.

Not sure McClaren knows his best team any more.

All  teams can look "better" on paper..

But,

Omar shouldn't be thrown in for an away fixture on a Tuesday night. Eustace knows the role, the team, the occasion.. Makes sense to me.

For how good we think Calero is, he isn't the answer either. Dawkins/Ward will fill the LM role, I just fancied typing Dawkins at the time.

Oh and I took out Buxton due to medical reasons. Pain killers before a game isn't good for anybody. It's his hip.

Also, has anyone had a thought the this is due to the pre season we've had.

I'm not criticising the current staff but the previous didn't have a clue.

Hard work pays off... but not at the moment it seems.

Though we have 4 points from 2 and 2 clean sheets.

All  teams can look "better" on paper..

But,

Omar shouldn't be thrown in for an away fixture on a Tuesday night. Eustace knows the role, the team, the occasion.. Makes sense to me.

For how good we think Calero is, he isn't the answer either. Dawkins/Ward will fill the LM role, I just fancied typing Dawkins at the time.

Oh and I took out Buxton due to medical reasons. Pain killers before a game isn't good for anybody. It's his hip.

McClaren has big decisions to make I suppose .

In retrospect 4 points out of 6 and still in the cup is a good start to the season.

McClaren has big decisions to make I suppose .

In retrospect 4 points out of 6 and still in the cup is a good start to the season.

.... And no goals conceded.

Let's leave it to see what Mac does Tuesday, and until then, like Curtains, let's draw a veil over this premature interspection.

Jesus ******* Christ people. We're three games in, unbeaten and haven't conceded. If anyone thought we just had to turn up to win,  well, there's your wake up call. We all know that this squad can finish top 6, just grow up and support them.

Ffs.

3 games

4 from 6

2 clean sheets

Get a grip.

Well, we've already got one person suggesting that McClaren doesn't know his best team, another suggesting that there's unrest in the camp over bonuses and of course we have a new target for the boo-boys.

Time to panic!

:frantics:

Well, we've already got one person suggesting that McClaren doesn't know his best team, another suggesting that there's unrest in the camp over bonuses and of course we have a new target for the boo-boys.

Time to panic!

:frantics:

Looks like years after building a cardboard anderson shelter at school....those skills may finally come in handy.

Looks like years after building a cardboard anderson shelter at school....those skills may finally come in handy.

I think the Indian cricketers need an Anderson shelter - and a Broad one too.

I expect schteve will keep the faith and there will be few changes if any.

However sooner or later Calero must get 15-20 minutes as sub.

Don't see why that shouldn't be sooner rather than later.

And i bet he scores.

Forwards are unpredictable animals in this league, remember Martin didn't get going till October (?) last season.  There are 6 new teams that arrive every season, and teams that under/over achived looking to improve or maintain their performances.  Then you have teams that invest and fid a few gems and have a big upturn in performance.

Simply put its the most unpredicatble and exciting league anywhere in the world, imho.

There's nothing wrong with us. We're fine.

Alpha - I must disagree. The issue with the contribution of Ward and Dawkins for me isn't three games in, it's since Jan 14 I am basing my judgement on. Martin, Thorne, Bryson and Hendrick have in various spells carried us through in this period and for me the contribution of Dawkins and Ward has been extremely poor. Now the others have dried up a little, I don't think it's unfair of me to look at these guys and say "come on, your turn" - but I don't have the confidence in them to contribute to the team winning and hence my opinion that they shouldn't be starting games....

Alpha - I must disagree. The issue with the contribution of Ward and Dawkins for me isn't three games in, it's since Jan 14 I am basing my judgement on. Martin, Thorne, Bryson and Hendrick have in various spells carried us through in this period and for me the contribution of Dawkins and Ward has been extremely poor. Now the others have dried up a little, I don't think it's unfair of me to look at these guys and say "come on, your turn" - but I don't have the confidence in them to contribute to the team winning and hence my opinion that they shouldn't be starting games....

Fair enough mate. Good post btw.

Nothing worse than seeing "Ward is *****". You can't discuss that.

I hope people keep patience with Dawkins because there is a really good player in there. The ball can be like a magnet to him and he can beat players. His hold up play is good. I know he's not had the best of times but he's worth patience I'd say. He's not very experienced and I think he'll come good.

Ward... Hmmm, not sure tbh. You ask any Championship club fans about their wingers and they'll all say "inconsistent". If they show they can consistently beat fullbacks right across the division then PL teams like to take them on board. Dunno what to make of Ward tbh.

After watching the Full 90 on Rams Player of the SWFC match, I have to agree with most that Dawkins has been pretty bad so far this season. I do not know if it is his nerves, or simply because the fans expect so much of him and he is trying too hard? Whatever it is needs to get fixed pronto.  Ward has only played marginally better and he seems to have the same issues.  Even Martin does not seem in character either.

I do not think either one has played badly enough to be benched, but on the other hand I would not mind to see Russell or Best start versus Charlton just to seem how they work with Martin.  I am not depressed about our scoring and forwards so far, just mildly annoyed that they are not playing as well as we all feel that they should.  I will keep the faith an am confident SM will put on the pitch who he deems the best.

Archived