SWFC fan...

Freshfish

Colin Bloomfield is a Derby fan who has served the community and the club for years. Bradford and Liverpool were football disasters. This is the daughter of a football fan. No disrespect intended but how far are we gonna go? My cat died last year (I bloody loved that cat, last time I cried), I don't expect you to clap for Mr. Trouble? It's not disrespectful to stand there in silence, I think it's a silly idea.

Bloomfield is a Shrewsbury Town fan

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A baby has passed and the family and the local community want to pay their respects. How that is done differs, whether it be donations to a nominated charity, or a minutes applause. If people chose to not participate, that is their right, however, who is anyone on here to condemn them for asking. They have my full support any deepest sympathies and if one minute of my time in some way eases their pain, then that is the most productive minute I will have tomorrow. God bless.

Hi Freshfish. I think some people are getting concerned that these minutes applause are starting to become too common, all for good causes of course but if you don't draw the line somewhere they will swamp the game and lose their impact.

Having said that we are not at that stage yet and I can assure you that the message has got out to the Rams fans travelling tomorrow via the various social media websites and there is no doubt in my mind that they will join your applause for this little girl.

Colin Bloomfield is a Derby fan who has served the community and the club for years. Bradford and Liverpool were football disasters. This is the daughter of a football fan. No disrespect intended but how far are we gonna go? My cat died last year (I bloody loved that cat, last time I cried), I don't expect you to clap for Mr. Trouble? It's not disrespectful to stand there in silence, I think it's a silly idea.

you make a valid point, 3 in fact. and RIP mr trouble. But given the fact we have been asked (if you had i would have clapped for your cat) by one of their fans to clap at their home ground, while 20,000 or whatever of their fans do. i just think it will seem a little rude and disrespectful to the father, who could be there at the game.

We are all free to make a decision as whether to participate in a minutes applause or not and I don't have a problem with anyone who prefers just to remain silent.

My comments were directed at what I took to be a totally uncaring and flippant "here we go again......". Far better to have said nowt!

Hear hear

This hobble time for the family 4000 plus making should join or do a little extra rising flags and scaves during the appluse knowing derby fans are thinking of them in time of need but not joining in is show no respect what so ever.

If we're having it,we're having it.

Lets show some class not like the wendies scumbags when it was a minutes silence for tommy powell you bastrds.

As already stated I would do it in a heartbeat if I was there and am confident that most others will also.As ramnut said show some class and remember what the applause is for.If you dont like it or do not want to do it,that is your business but no point in talking trash about it.

To be fair, what you said was stupid. By not clapping for a random child (no disrespect), they should get bashed?

I guess I should have changed some wording.What I meant is that those who do not choose to do it should not be talked bad about by other fans.If someone beside me if I was there did not do it,I wouldnt care or talk trash to them for not doing it.

As already stated I would do it in a heartbeat if I was there and am confident that most others will also.As ramnut said show some class and remember what the applause is for.If you dont like it or do not want to do it,that is your business but no point in talking trash about it.

You were the one that said people should get bashed for not observing, now 'it's there own business'.

If the father wants to organise it, that's his choice (as odd as I find it). If Derby fans want to join in, fair enough. My problem is the criticism of people who don't want to join in, is that not their choice?

I guess I should have changed some wording.What I meant is that those who do not choose to do it should not be talked bad about by other fans.If someone beside me if I was there did not do it,I wouldnt care or talk trash to them for not doing it.

I see. I'm not really seeing that but fair enough. My other reply was sent before this

Correction : I misread it. Apologies.

Archived