SWFC fan...

Freshfish

I think alot/most people agree that the amount of minutes applauses etc is getting out of hand.

The point I am making is, once you're there at the game to just go along with it out of respect for the people that it effects. It's not a hardship on you and makes no difference what so ever to your day.

I completely agree with your point, discuss it before and after the event, openly campaign to scrap them for all I care. I dont agree with people stood their not clapping in protest at the amount of minute applauses which RLACML proposed, it's just so very uncalled for.

I agree entirely.

Although I'm not sure RLACML ever proposed any sort of protest while the applause was going on. Just that he would object to anyone poking him in the ribs and forcing him to join in if he didn't want to. Which I think is fair enough.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 17 refers to Flight MH17 , surely.

It would have been surprising if Newcastle hadn't marked the occasion with a show of respect. People on here drawing comparisons with dogs dying or other less obvious causes for commemoration should look at themselves in the mirror.

Ah, I see. I didn't know about the Newcastle connection, but now you mention it, I do remember reading something about that.

It is, at least, a tragedy specifically related to the club, so more justifiable than most. But that only goes to highlight the I appropriateness and 'out-of-placeness' of other causes.

Sand for this very reason, I still feel there should be blanket discouragement of minutes applauses / silences during games. There are a myriad other ways to show respect and condolences.

I completely agree with your point, discuss it before and after the event, openly campaign to scrap them for all I care. I dont agree with people stood their not clapping in protest at the amount of minute applauses which RLACML proposed, it's just so very uncalled for. 

I agree entirely.

Although I'm not sure RLACML ever proposed any sort of protest while the applause was going on. Just that he would object to anyone poking him in the ribs and forcing him to join in if he didn't want to. Which I think is fair enough.

Yes, thank you. It was never intended as a protest, and I've stated many times that I don't care whether others do it or not. I merely said I thought it was silly and that I wouldn't join in. No protest, just personal choice. 

For once I think Leeds star on yhis issue. They have a minutes applause at the last home game of the season to remember all Leeds fans and their relatives that have passed away during the season

Thats because leeds fans can't shut up for a minutes silence.

Hi folks. Last night I posted picture here which was very inappropriate to this subject.I made mistake not checking out what was the talked about in this thread and therefore it was very offensive.

Apologies, if someone got offended. My bad, should be more careful with my black humour.

Archived