SWFC fan...

Freshfish

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Give it a rest. I've already said I wouldn't do anything to disrupt it but I wouldn't clap. Stop trying to bully people into doing it.

Come on though, it's just petty not clapping.

There were two parents at the game who had just lost their child who wanted people to clap. I don't understand their reasons for this but it's obviously going to make them feel better and at that moment in time, their sorrow and needs are much greater than everyone else's. 

It's just a bit of courtesy and support for fellow human beings, hardly worthy of some sort of principled protest. 

Come on though, it's just petty not clapping.

There were two parents at the game who had just lost their child who wanted people to clap. I don't understand their reasons for this but it's obviously going to make them feel better and at that moment in time, their sorrow and needs are much greater than everyone else's. 

It's just a bit of courtesy and support for fellow human beings, hardly worthy of some sort of principled protest.

That's for me to decide, not you. If I don't want to clap, I'm not going to change my mind through some emotional blackmail. I hardly think the parents would have had their binoculars out to check whether I was clapping or not. I go to football games to support my team, not to remember someone that I never met or knew.

This is the problem with these minutes applauses. It's not that people overdo it, they can do whatever they want. It's that people feel pressured to join in.

JUST WOW!!!!!!!!

I can't believe this thread has so many people stating they won't clap for one reason or another!!!

Makes me angry to be honest, how much effort and energy would it take to show some compassion to a family grieving.

For if a group of civilised human beings were to clap their hands if only for 60 seconds, which in turn eased someone's pain at the loss of a child.

Where's the harm in that.

I'm amazed and disappointed in some of the responses on here.

I too lost my little boy in April this year, so this runs deep for me and IMO the minority need to have a word with themselves.

We are not savages FFS.

Rant Over.

JUST WOW!!!!!!!!

I can't believe this thread has so many people stating they won't clap for one reason or another!!!

Makes me angry to be honest, how much effort and energy would it take to show some compassion to a family grieving.

For if a group of civilised human beings were to clap their hands if only for 60 seconds, which in turn eased someone's pain at the loss of a child.

I too lost my little boy in April this year, so this runs deep for me and IMO the minority need to have a word with themselves.

We are not savages FFS.

Rant Over.

In fairness it's only a few - albeit a vociferous few who have made their point and stated their reasons (over and over again, it seems).

If they were at the game yesterday, then their 'protest' would have gone unnoticed and been insignificant amongst the general applause. 

In fairness it's only a few - albeit a vociferous few who have made their point and stated their reasons (over and over again, it seems).

If they were at the game yesterday, then their 'protest' would have gone unnoticed and been insignificant amongst the general applause.

It's not a 'protest', I just don't want to do it. And to be fair, I kept coming back for more because people kept chiming it saying it was disrespectful.

JUST WOW!!!!!!!!

We are not savages FFS.

Rant Over.

Sorry that you lost your little boy, that must have been horrible. No one should lose their child.

I think this post is stupid though.

What happened to the tribute on the scoreboard? Or did I miss it because I was having to explain to people stood around me what exactly they were clapping for?!

It was there.

The start of the tribute was missed because the wednesday band started up and initiated a chant just at the wrong time.

It was about 15 or so seconds before the penny dropped.

The old chap in front of me didn't clap. Don't think he knew what the fook was going on to be honest, if he wasn't internet savvy how would he have known about it?

And he had a nosebleed when Chris Martin kicked the ball in his face in the warm up.

Did he not listen to steele's shout of heads? You must have been near me, we're you the one with the awful body odour?

The old chap in front of me didn't clap. Don't think he knew what the fook was going on to be honest, if he wasn't internet savvy how would he have known about it?

And he had a nosebleed when Chris Martin kicked the ball in his face in the warm up.

Was standing right at the front when the old lad got struck in the face.. To be fair he dealt with it well, no dramas. Bit of blood though.

Hope he enjoyed the rest of the game.

Was standing right at the front when the old lad got struck in the face.. To be fair he dealt with it well, no dramas. But of blood though.

Martin should offer him a free signed shirt like Cristiano Ronaldo did for that young Bournemouth fan a year ago. I know a man of his age probably wouldn't be interested by such a gimmick but I imagine he might have a son or grandson who would be.

Was standing right at the front when the old lad got struck in the face.. To be fair he dealt with it well, no dramas. But of blood though.

His (I presume) son who was with him didn't look concerned at all, I asked him if he was ok and was his nose broken! I was with my lad behind him, someone had bad guts round us!

His (I presume) son who was with him didn't look concerned at all, I asked him if he was ok and was his nose broken! I was with my lad behind him, someone had bad guts round us!

The bad guts would have been JW, always full of something. (Would add a smiley thingy here but can't on the iPad).

Archived