McClaren: 'Keogh and Martin offered new deals'

Ambitious

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I heard a while back Martin wasn't happy here and looking for a move.. Hope this isn't the case and both sign new contracts.

Better signing them up and selling them if need be in the future for a good price then sell them now for hardly anything or contracts run out!

I heard a while back Martin wasn't happy here and looking for a move.. Hope this isn't the case and both sign new contracts.

Better signing them up and selling them if need be in the future for a good price then sell them now for hardly anything or contracts run out!

This is something I thought about earlier (when Wood ruomours popped up). If Martin doesn't sign new contract, maybe we are looking for those silly money offers for him and get Wood instead.

This is something I thought about earlier (when Wood ruomours popped up). If Martin doesn't sign new contract, maybe we are looking for those silly money offers for him and get Wood instead.

The thing is I can't see him doing that well else where. Our system suits a player like Martin and just got a feeling in another team he'll only score around 10 a season.

Could be wrong of course!

Vicars once stated, apparently, regarding Martin signing a new deal: ''when we got him, no-one above League One was interested and we made him feel wanted here....'' or something along those lines.

I'd be despondent if we effectively traded Martin for Wood. 

Strange that this has been made public as none of the others were.

DET paints the picture as they've just been offered the deal, although I doubt that to be true. 

I think it may have been leaked to get the fans asking questions, a bit of fire under the bum.

DET paints the picture as they've just been offered the deal, although I doubt that to be true. 

I think it may have been leaked to get the fans asking questions, a bit of fire under the bum.

Maybe they think that they deserve more in return from the club.

Martin deserves to be the highest paid at the club for me. Not too sure what Keogh is worth, as captain 20k a week.. as a player.. 12k/15k a week max.

I personally think its been made public more than others just so the fans know we are making them offers and if they turn them down we sell them whilst they are worth anything knowing the club tried and wanted to keep them...keogh mainly as he is out of contract at the end of the season...if other players sign new deals and our captain doesn't with fans knowing he got offered a deal the club wont look bad if we sell

Archived