McClaren: 'Keogh and Martin offered new deals'

Ambitious

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Remember watching an interview with Martin stating that he was extreme pleased with himself for choosing to come here.

He's the best player, worshipped by the fans and has just had the best season of his life. Why would he want to leave?

Because of the terrible Coldplay puns on this forum.

Maybe they think that they deserve more in return from the club.

Martin deserves to be the highest paid at the club for me. Not too sure what Keogh is worth, as captain 20k a week.. as a player.. 12k/15k a week max.

didnt think any of the players were on close to that

I would be very happy if Martin takes the new deal.As for Keogh....he sometimes plays good and other times it is amazing to me that he is our captain.With that being said I would be fine if he takes the new contract as long as we do not give him more wages than he really deserves.

They'll both sign, very confident of that.

Keogh will feel like he owes us. Rightly or wrongly, that's just the way he is.

Martin seems like he has his head screwed on. We're building something awesome here and he's the focal point. To move elsewhere without certain guarantees would be a terrible career move.

Martin will see the transfer window out and then sign IMO. He scored a lot of goals last year and a lower=mid Prem team may take a punt on him. Why commit yourself when you could double your money in the next few weeks? 

Richard Keogh will move heaven and earth to make amends for you know what. Expect a stellar season from him, if he remains fit. He looks very gaunt. I presume he is checked for any reason for this.

I think he might have mad cow disease.

Archived