Kris Commons

t'oldu

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3 and a half seasons, 122 starts and 66 ain't bad for a injury prone player

For Scottish Premiership matches he's made 99 in his time there from a possible 134 (74% of games), which doesn't sound too bad, until you consider that he only managed 6,977 minutes from 12,060 possible, or 58% of matches. In context, for a Premier League season, this would equate to about 28 matches at 70 minutes a pop.

Even 0.632 goals per 90 and 0.503 assists per 90 isn't all that impression considering that it's Scottish Premiership goals we're talking about, which aren't even worth considering at Premiership level.

So what you're left with is a 30 year old player, who averages 28 games at 70 minutes a pop, who's highest standard of play has been the Championship.

European games don't count then? have to remember that Lennon used to mix the side up after a mid week friendly so whilst he may only have played 74% of league games how many were missed due to injury and how many were due to team changes.

WBA are not in Europe so wouldn't be an issue for him there.

Stats can be twisted to back any argument as you've just proved, stats also don't show his work rate and contribution in build up to goals which helped him win player of the year and footballer of the year.

European games don't count then? have to remember that Lennon used to mix the side up after a mid week friendly so whilst he may only have played 74% of league games how many were missed due to injury and how many were due to team changes.

WBA are not in Europe so wouldn't be an issue for him there.

Stats can be twisted to back any argument as you've just proved, stats also don't show his work rate and contribution in build up to goals which helped him win player of the year and footballer of the year.

European games take a lot more time to account for all those missed. If you're interested though:

13-14: 79% of time (79% of time in the league too)

Are you seriously suggesting though that Commons has become harder working than he was here? He's got that bit of magic about him and can turn a game, but he's never been a super hard worker and had a tendency to disappear a bit. He has appeared roughly at the same rate there, and his stats pretty much fit the Scotland rule. I like Commons as a player, but he's never been a

To answer the original question, I doubt it.

We weren't really in any position to demand any clauses when we sold him.

Us getting a chunk isn't that odd to be fair. I seriously doubt it as we'd have heard something about it at the time, but having such a clause could explain such a ridiculous fee being mooted.

European games take a lot more time to account for all those missed. If you're interested though:13-14: 79% of time (79% of time in the league too)Are you seriously suggesting though that Commons has become harder working than he was here? He's got that bit of magic about him and can turn a game, but he's never been a super hard worker and had a tendency to disappear a bit. He has appeared roughly at the same rate there, and his stats pretty much fit the Scotland rule. I like Commons as a player, but he's never been a

My original point was for an injury prone player he has a fair few games under his belt, you have his games played ratio at 79% but again what percentage of the 21% missed was due to injury? If you're throwing stats around you need to include this one to be fair. I can't say for sure but I think you will find a lot of this was down to team selections and he was either on the bench or left out having played in Europe midweek.

He's a fan favourite and an important player for Celtic, top goal scorer last season, he's also been far more consistent for them than he ever was for us. Is

Consistency in Scotland means pretty much nothing? :lol:

If you don't rate the SPL that's fair enough but comments like that are just ridiculous, consistency at any level means everything.

Also how are you working out that 10 SPL goals = 5/6 Championship goals?

Archived