Who do you want playing CDM this season.

-JW-

152 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Hughes would do alright but it's not really his position and could imagine him turning out 6.5/10s frequently. Not seen much pre season mind, and curtains suggests he did a decent job there v Burton. Not sure where that leaves us really but I think he'll be started there at least.

It's quite amusing that 7 people think Hanson should be playing compared to only 10 for Hughes.

Wish we hadn't signed Hughes now for 4 years he's obviously not good enough .

Yet at Burton in the CDM role he looked better than I've seen him ever before ie stronger and taller head and shoulders above any other player on the field ability wise.

50 odd percent want a new CDM signed but who and how much will he cost !

Mention Tom Carroll and people go into melt down even though he would be an asset and as for Eustace he's just not young enough anymore

We've just spent 2-3 Million on Thorne and if we are serious about FFP that's a problem because he's out for 9 months.

Hughes gets my vote. You don't have to be a weapon to play CDM at all, much of it is about positioning, timing and interceptions. Hughes has shown he can mix it, he'll be a year older and stronger as well.

I'd expect to see him play the majority of games ably assisted by Bryson and Hendrick who are no slouches. Eustace has a key role in certain fixtures and as a sub where required. It may be that we go til January, see where Thorne is up to, where the team are in the league etc and reassess then.

I think Hughes has it in him to totally dictate games fro deep, I'd like to see him improve/utilise his long range passing more as Thorne demonstrated.

Come January we may be looking at a Thorne recovery anyway, it will be 6-9 months, so if he has a speedy recovery we may be able to get away with the midfielders we have.

I'm convinced.

Hughes it is. Not so much a CDM or whatever bar of chocolate the latest acronym is, but more a 'deep-lying playmaker'.

He was outstanding yesterday apart from a couple of lazy passes in the first half which were intercepted. Crunching tackles too - kicked Miller a couple of times which raised a chuckle.

Archived