Who do you want playing CDM this season.

-JW-

152 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Said since Thorne got injured that I think Hughes would be the best option for it. 

Also think that for tougher opposition away from home it could benefit us to play Eustace and Hughes in deeper roles with Hendrick or Bryson ahead linking up with the front three.

Personallu from watching at the Burton match and the Rangers match, Eustace just hasn't got the legs to be competing with some of the championships faster and more agile players, however he does have the ability to break down play and his defensive work is good quality. Will Hughes, although a huge talent, doesn't seem to have the defensive ability and stature to be playing the DM role, yet his skill is useful futher up the pitch. By bringing in a loanee we can bring in a player who is experienced in that role and therefore we won't have someone who will still be learning the position as Hughes possibly could be.

Amber, Did you watch Hughes against Rangers or just the game? He made some brilliant tackles against some rather Hefty lads who were kicking chunks out of him. His positioning was excellent, his passing was spot on, his tackles were crunching, he read the game well and even toughed it out with physical players. I think Hughes is the answer for now. Wait until Jan and if we are in trouble change the plan.

For those wanting him further forward, not sure he would displace Bryson or Hendrick currently as they do seem to score considerably more goals which is what we need to support Martin, hence Hughes best chance at the moment is in this role I think and he looked very impressive there in pre season.

Archived