Notts County and Sheff Utd interested in loaning Freeman

StaffsRam

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was a serious question lads. Not trying to start a row, I'll rephrase the question to take out the controversy.

Do you expect Clough to be loyal to Derby when Derby weren't loyal to Clough?

No. But I have heard 4 players he is interested in and 3 are from Derby and the other is Waghorn ( still :lol: )

He annoyed me when he said we were interested in such and such when he was here and it is even more annoying know that it is 3 of our players.

I don't understand the issue really.

People getting their knickers in a twist becasue someone is showing an interest in Derbys fringe players?

He's got no chance of tempting away ANYONE Derby want to keep. The only players who would leave a promotion chasing team in the Championship to drop down a league to play fro a team fighting relegation, is if they are not wanted or not playing at their current club.

It's not like he's after Bryson, Martin, Hughes or Hendrick. remember those 4 players that cost 400 grand between them but are now arguably worth close to 13m.

It was a serious question lads. Not trying to start a row, I'll rephrase the question to take out the controversy.

Do you expect Clough to be loyal to Derby when Derby weren't loyal to Clough?

to be fair, he had more loyalty shown to him at our club because of his name. I think that was always the case.

He did a good job, but had done as much as he could.

It's raking over old ground, but to say the ownership group were not loyal, in my opinion, is a little wide of the mark.

to be fair, he had more loyalty shown to him at our club because of his name. I think that was always the case.

He did a good job, but had done as much as he could.

It's raking over old ground, but to say the ownership group were not loyal, in my opinion, is a little wide of the mark.

You're right there Boycie. I agree that they were loyal and that's the wrong term to use towards the owners.

Weirdly they've come out of it pretty clean in my eyes. I mean I don't blame them for firing him, can't argue that it hasn't created this catalyst of what's happening now either.

I guess I'm sidetracking and again arguing with the fans on this forum and not the club itself. The fans are the ones shouting that Clough can't ask about his old players. Of course he can.

He's moved on, he's trying to re-build his career, Derby have moved on and are trying to push on under Steve.

Steve wants his players in and Nigel wants his players in. That's all that's happening.

You're right there Boycie. I agree that they were loyal and that's the wrong term to use towards the owners.

Weirdly they've come out of it pretty clean in my eyes. I mean I don't blame them for firing him, can't argue that it hasn't created this catalyst of what's happening now either.

I guess I'm sidetracking and again arguing with the fans on this forum and not the club itself. The fans are the ones shouting that Clough can't ask about his old players. Of course he can.

He's moved on, he's trying to re-build his career, Derby have moved on and are trying to push on under Steve.

Steve wants his players in and Nigel wants his players in. That's all that's happening.

I wish he didn't name players. I didn't like it when he was here and don't like it now when he mentions our players. He can enquire about them. No problems with that. Just keep it out of the papers.

Tbf to Clough he hasn't called a press conference and read out the list of players he wants, journalists ask the questions and he replies honestly. I don't see any of our players being affected by it, had he been at a club above us it would be different.

I don't understand the issue really.

People getting their knickers in a twist becasue someone is showing an interest in Derbys fringe players?

He's got no chance of tempting away ANYONE Derby want to keep. The only players who would leave a promotion chasing team in the Championship to drop down a league to play fro a team fighting relegation, is if they are not wanted or not playing at their current club.

It's not like he's after Bryson, Martin, Hughes or Hendrick. remember those 4 players that cost 400 grand between them but are now arguably worth close to 13m.

Here Here.

There are more you could add to that list. I'm glad to see that his good management is beginning to bear fruit with Sheffield United. They have improved under Clough.

Only mindless ****** knock Clough as they simply fail to appreciate that any success the club get is hugely down to Clough's sheer hard work over the previous 4 years.

What a loyal servant he was to the club, too. He stayed at Derby through thick and thin when many other managers would have walked.

DCFC owes a huge debt of gratitude to Clough and the current administration recognise that as they have implied such in interviews.

Clough would actually be doing the club a favour by taking some of our squad players on loan. What better place to ply their trade with an up and coming British manager at a big club. Much better than sitting on the bench at Derby.

Here Here.

There are more you could add to that list. I'm glad to see that his good management is beginning to bear fruit with Sheffield United. They have improved under Clough.

Only mindless ****** knock Clough as they simply fail to appreciate that any success the club get is hugely down to Clough's sheer hard work over the previous 4 years.

What a loyal servant he was to the club, too. He stayed at Derby through thick and thin when many other managers would have walked.

DCFC owes a huge debt of gratitude to Clough and the current administration recognise that as they have implied such in interviews.

Clough would actually be doing the club a favour by taking some of our squad players on loan. What better place to ply their trade with an up and coming British manager at a big club. Much better than sitting on the bench at Derby.

I think mindless ****** is a bit over the top in my opinion, fair play he restructured the club, but he could not take us any further. In my own humble opinion anyway. I don't think we would be any near the play offs if he was still in charge. But then again that's my opinion. If he was that good he would have sky rocketed The blunts up the league by now. And if he had the pulling power to get some good targets in there he would have young Prem lads flocking to his club, he struggled to do that here. But as always will wish him well.

One more thing. Loyalty and football don't mix anymore. It's just like politics and many journos, they all live on a completely different planet. Feel free to rip my ropey opinions apart!

I think mindless ****** is a bit over the top in my opinion, fair play he restructured the club, but he could not take us any further. In my own humble opinion anyway. I don't think we would be any near the play offs if he was still in charge. But then again that's my opinion. If he was that good he would have sky rocketed The blunts up the league by now. And if he had the pulling power to get some good targets in there he would have young Prem lads flocking to his club, he struggled to do that here. But as always will wish him well.

One more thing. Loyalty and football don't mix anymore. It's just like politics and many journos, they all live on a completely different planet. Feel free to rip my ropey opinions apart!

I would say that 3 defeats in 13 games represents some kind of success for Sheffield United considering what had gone on before he arrived at the club.

Maybe 'mindless ******' is just a touch harsh but it really irks me that some fans on here seem only to berate the man and have nothing good to say about his time here.

I'm glad we made the change as we are now starting to produce under McLaren but the success of the new manager shouldn't be used as a stick with which to beat Clough. On the contrary I feel.

I would say that 3 defeats in 13 games represents some kind of success for Sheffield United considering what had gone on before he arrived at the club.

Maybe 'mindless ******' is just a touch harsh but it really irks me that some fans on here seem only to berate the man and have nothing good to say about his time here.

I'm glad we made the change as we are now starting to produce under McLaren but the success of the new manager shouldn't be used as a stick with which to beat Clough. On the contrary I feel.

I don't understand some of the vitriol against Clough - he did what was necessary in extremely difficult circumstances and I can't think of many managers, given the constraints during his tenure, who would have kept us in the Championship.

However, if I was to sum up why a change was needed it would be the Club had reached the stage of having to make things happen rather than wait for things to happen and sudden progress under Clough was unlikely.

I did reply silks! But must of got lost! Just echoing in a way and also saying there would always be vitriol pointed at Sam Rush et al

I guess he won't be after stephen bywater, james o'connor, dean leacock, jason shackell, dean moxey, miles addison, james bailey, dave martin, tomasz cywka, chris maguire, steve davies, theo robinson, or nathan tyson.

I don't expect Clough to be 'loyal' as such of course not. However his family background is such that he will always have some sort of feeling for the club. In exactly the same way as his father retained a sentimental attachment to the club and supporters, I would expect him to do the same knowing that he was sacked by people who happen to run the club at the time not the supporters

I also have no problem all with him signing players from here provided he goes about it in the right way. I just think there have been far too many examples now of him talking about specific players which I think is wrong. If it was just one player then maybe OK but there have been a string of them now which I think is potentially destabilising and out of order

In all other respects I'm a big Clough fan and supporter

I guess he won't be after stephen bywater, james o'connor, dean leacock, jason shackell, dean moxey, miles addison, james bailey, dave martin, tomasz cywka, chris maguire, Steve davies, theo robinson, or nathan tyson.

Not quite sure where you're going with this.

He only brought a handful of those players to the club.

Bywater served us well. O'Connor didn't cost anything. Leacock was at the club since time began. Shackell was replaced with an arguably better replacement. Moxey was awful at defending and the fans were glad when Clough got a fee for him. Addison had injury after injury. Bailey suffered a loss of form and the current manager seems to be of the same poor opinion of him as Clough. Martin didn't cost anything. Cywka didn't cost anything. Maguire was a flop agreed. Davies wanted to go so there was nothing Clough could do. Theo was really good at Derby and enhanced his reputation. Tyson was a gamble that didn't work.

If any fan were to berate Clough for bringing in any of the above, then the term I used 'mindless moron' would most certainly apply. They cost us virtually nothing and every manager has good and bad transfers. In the market he had to deal in, his record is fantastic.

Archived