Notts County and Sheff Utd interested in loaning Freeman

StaffsRam

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I presume that this is a joke too.

Of course. I mean, Clough and McClaren have nothing good to say about our captain at all do they.

And it's not as if he didn't win player of the season, players player of the season and fans player of the season awards too.

Yes.......i was obviously joking.

You're clearly a supporter with a long memory.

To be fair, some "mindless ******" didn't have a good word for Clough when he was here. So why would they change their opinions?

I'm not calling them mindless ******, though, and I accept McSilks said he may have been a bit harsh using that term.

It was a serious question lads. Not trying to start a row, I'll rephrase the question to take out the controversy.

Do you expect Clough to be loyal to Derby when Derby weren't loyal to Clough?

He had almost five years here and had a nice pay-off when he left, Derby were pretty loyal with NC, sometimes being loyal doesn't equal success.

It's perfectly natural to discuss your previous manager whilst there are players at the club he brought in.

We hardly talk about Burley, Gregory, Jewell, Brown and Todd because there's nobody at the club with anything to do with them. We only talk about Billy Davies because he's at Forest (and a right constable)

I actually think we showed him a bit too much loyalty, if I'm honest. Any other manager would not have lasted 5 years with the same results that Clough got.

Having said that, I don't see what he's doing that's so unloyal to us. I certainly don't think he's trying to unsettle our players or anything.

There are now as many posts complaining about talk of our former manager than there are posts talking about our former manager.

Our former manager is chasing our player, signed by our former manager. Shock, horror - someone mentions our former manager.

We're losing track a bit here everyone - it's a thread about Kieron Freeman. Let's stick to that subject eh.

There are now as many posts complaining about talk of our former manager than there are posts around our former manager.

Our former manager is chasing our player, signed by our former manager. Shock, horror - someone mentions our former manager.

We're losing track a bit here everyone - it's a thread about Kieron Freeman. Let's stick to that subject eh.

There is a thread about how the Sheff Utd fans view Clough, this is another attempt by the Cloughites to keep on, and on and on, and on. Grrr

There is a thread about how the Sheff Utd fans view Clough, this is another attempt by the Cloughites to keep on, and on and on, and on. Grrr

I do not know Kieron personally, but I do know his cousin, and he and Kieron are very close.

Just let it go, Smiffy. He's gone, and barring cup matches, he won't be back.

The thread about Clough at united was started as a pop at Clough. Now their fans like him some dint like that thread being open. Which cane first - chicken or the egg?

Wow, how did a thread about whether or not Freeman will be transferred turn into another anti-Cluogh thread.

For the records, one of the frustrations I had with Clough was that he didn't often say who his targets were. Whereas we as fans, like a juicy titbit to speculate over, he didn't often officially say anything, and we had to rely on rumours. So for him to actually name players he's looking at seems quite unusual.

But then it's natural for people in the media to assume he'll want to have a look at some of his old players. And it's not fantastical to assume he might respond by naming a couple of players he might be interested in or think he might have a realistic chance of tempting away.

It's not really an issue either way. if they're fringe players, who aren't going to be good enough for us in the Prem, then it's good to get rid and reinvest any money we get in bigger and better players. I'd be happy if we kept Freeman, but if we decided to sell, in favour of getting someone better in, so be it. At the end of the day, I trust McClaren to make the right decisions, and handle any 'unsettling' comments, until something happens to make me think otherwise.

Archived