Johnny Russell's best position?

dcfcgodd

Where do you think he will be most effective for us? I would love to see him play slightly behind Martin, I personally think that his driving runs from a central area would rip teams apart and feel that more goals will come from playing him there.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where do you think he will be most effective for us? I would love to see him play slightly behind Martin, I personally think that his driving runs from a central area would rip teams apart and feel that more goals will come from playing him there.

Good shout but it could get a bit congested with Bryson , Hendrick,Eustace and Hughes also supporting Martin.

I think Johhny does great on either flank getting in behind the full backs as Wardy and Dawkins do .

Oh it's exciting.

He's got the ability to hurt teams from anywhere across the front three.

I'd like to see him just off Martin, but as has been said, that's not the way this team is set up, so he's on the right wing.

But for saying that, our front play has been so fluid that they players have the freedom to go where the spaces are and pull opposition defences apart. McClaren has said before we're more Front 5, Back 5 and to me that works for us, we're not a team based on ridged discipline like say a Burnley.

He's a brilliant finisher. If Martin gets injured we could try him up front. I remember the belter against Floriest and the chip from the Thorne through ball (Thinking back hope it was Russell who scored that goal!)

Archived