Jamie Hanson

Posh Ram

We'll see i prefer my approach above to bring him off bench a couple of times if appropriate. If he shows up, great. If not, send out on loan.

A loan is a means to gain experience.

It's also a means to allow our lads to make their mistakes at other clubs.Unfortunately,given the amount of game time some of our lads have been given when out on loan,it appears to me that recipient clubs decide they don't want them making their mistakes at their clubs either.I'm not the greatest fan of farming out youngsters on loan.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its not Champ Manager. Throwing a kid in deep end too soon could do him more harm than good. Macca sees him day to day. He will be able to gauge his temperament.

Sometimes if you throw someone in at the deep end they have a tendency to learn how to swim very quickly (as I know well,having been kicked in off the edge).All of these discussions could have been raised when the likes of Pete Daniel and Dave Langan were thrown in.Neither let us down,and both, remarkably, just got better and better.You never know until you try.

What was even more remarkable about these two was that both were thrown in out of their normal positions.I remember Pete as a fairly ineffectual full back and Dave as a midfielder who looked as though he had little chance of cutting it.Just think what we'd have lost if we'd gone for the quick fix in those situations.We'd have had to pay a small fortune to get players just to match the abilities they went on to display.

There's not a chance Hanson will start. A player with great potential but last year he played almost every position in defence and midfield without cementing any of them for the U21's.

He's very young and no doubt will become a good/great player but still has a lot to learn. He's not nicknamed bruiser for no reason.

Give him a run in the cup, no problem. Start? Not yet, Eustace, Coutts, Hendrick, Hughes, Naylor (L) will all be ahead of him.

Give a him a chance.A long season.

Thats what will huges was until nigel took a chance and this what this situration and people been saying eutice can not last 90mins anymore.

Eustace can last 90 minutes but not week in week out.

Promote Hanson from within .

PS He can play CB or Midfield no problem.

• 3 weeks later...

Hanson is too small for a centre back which is where he is currently playing for the u-21s.

He has a good touch and can pass but is nowhere near first team quality.

He'd be brushed aside.

Hanson is too small for a centre back which is where he is currently playing for the u-21s.

He has a good touch and can pass but is nowhere near first team quality.

He'd be brushed aside.

What was the formation yesterday, RamNut? Something like this?

Roos

Hendrie-Hanson-Rawson-Lowe

Naylor 

Bunjaku        Koblenz

Santos                           Calero

Thomas      

What was the formation yesterday, RamNut? Something like this?

Roos

Hendrie-Hanson-Rawson-Lowe

Naylor 

Bunjaku        Koblenz

Santos                           Calero

Thomas

Pretty much.

Swap hanson and rawson

Steve Nicholson said

Naylor and koblenz were both holding midfielders and we played 4231

I wouldn't agree.

Naylor played deep.

Bunjaku stayed well forward.

Koblenz was somewhere between the two.

We might have tried it for a while because boro were so fluid.

The no11 was on the right wing

The no5 was left back and at one point left midfield

No3 was centre half

The other centre back was 4

6 was their holding player

10' and 8 were central midfielders

7 popped up all over the place.

.....thankfully 9 played centre forward, the no2 was the right back and no1 was in goals

I wouldn't agree.

Naylor played deep.

Bunjaku stayed well forward.

Koblenz was somewhere between the two.

We might have tried it for a while because boro were so fluid.

The no11 was on the right wing

The no5 was left back and at one point left midfield

No3 was centre half

The other centre back was 4

6 was their holding player

10' and 8 were central midfielders

7 popped up all over the place.

.....thankfully 9 played centre forward, the no2 was the right back and no1 was in goals

sounds like my kid's team...though the goalie does have a tendency to pop up at right back now and again.

Archived