Commonwealth Games

Ovis aries

My Niece (11) & Nephew (13) are both members of the swimming club in Uttoxeter that Adam Peaty used to swim for.

They were over at mine at the weekend and we all watched the swimming. To see them buzzing and be so inspired by one of their own winning gold was quite moving & has clearly had a motivational effect on them, judging by my brother being nagged about wanting to go swimming all the way home.

Maybe the Commonwealth Games aren't so crap after all, Mr Bolt.

Excuse me! If Mr Bolt says they're crap, they're crap. Nothing on this planet is as important as Mr Bolt and his considered opinions.

Personaly, I can't stand the posturing popinjay.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is anyone else  p'ssed off with the BBC's 53 pundits and presenters spending more time interviewing each other than showing actual sport?

Red button is your friend.

I got to see a bit of the weight lifting at the SECC the other day. Would have preferred the netball.

Tall girls, long legs, tiny skirts - yes.

Short, sweaty blokes in leotards - no.

However, it was a surprisingly good spectator sport.

Still posses off I've been at the SECC every day for almost two weeks and that's all we've been able to see.

I got to see a bit of the weight lifting at the SECC the other day. Would have preferred the netball.

Tall girls, long legs, tiny skirts - yes.

Short, sweaty blokes in leotards - no.

However, it was a surprisingly good spectator sport.

Still posses off I've been at the SECC every day for almost two weeks and that's all we've been able to see.

People going on about the BBC coverage.... Would you rather have ITV and Adrian Chiles as lead presenter? Probably have Geoff Capes as Atheltics commentator

CITY of Derby swimmer Adam Peaty broke his own Commonwealth Games record to book his place in Saturday night's 100m breaststroke final.

He won the second semi-final at the Tollcross Pool in Glasgow in a time of 59.16 tonight.

In the earlier heats Peaty set a new record of 59.47.

"I think there is more to come from me," said Peaty after his semi-final. "I'm still getting used to the arena. I'm training"http://images.intellitxt.com/ast/adTypes/icon1" alt="icon1"> hard at the moment and enjoying it."

Read more: http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/Commonwealth-Games-Adam-Peaty-breaks-Commonwalth/story-21939101-detail/story.html#ixzz38WljkQL7

Read more at http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/Commonwealth-Games-Adam-Peaty-breaks-Commonwalth/story-21939101-detail/story.html#Hi2ldIMTDr2dhwU2.99

MrsRam, Adam is an Utch lad. I was at school with his dad and know all the family. Uttoxeter is buzzing hoping he wins the Gold tomorrow night. I will be in a pub with his cousins, cheering him on... :D

Small world story: last night I was having a beer in a random little pub that I happened upon by chance, in a random little village about a mile outside Glasgow.

I got to talking to a couple of the regulars, and one ransoms gentleman said he's been born in Ashbourne, before moving to Scotland as a baby. His dad was from Scotland, but his mum was from Utch.

He is related to Adam Peaty on his Mum's side. I wouldn't have ha a clue who he was talking about unless I'd read this thread.

I have to say I have thoroughly enjoyed these games , some great performances , and fantastic spectators , and camaraderie amongst the competitors , don't care if some better competitors are not here , has made no difference for me or my enjoyment.

The boxing today for instance brilliant "entertainment".

I have to say I have thoroughly enjoyed these games , some great performances , and fantastic spectators , and camaraderie amongst the competitors , don't care if some better competitors are not here , has made no difference for me or my enjoyment.

The boxing today for instance brilliant "entertainment".

Did you see the young Scottish guy Charlie Flynn's interview? Hilarious

Jo Pavey.... Unbelievable run to get bronze, overtaken twice in last two laps and fought back to get bronze. Mixing it with the Kenyans. At the age of 40 and only had a child ten months ago. Great inspiration

Get ready for Usain

In the words of Honey Booboo child's Southern American drawl...

"That Usain Bolt thinks he's all that an' a pack o' crackers but he not!!".

There. Feel better now. I just don't like his supercharged ego, he does me head in.

In the words of Honey Booboo child's Southern American drawl...

"That Usain Bolt thinks he's all that an' a pack o' crackers but he not!!".

There. Feel better now. I just don't like his supercharged ego, he does me head in.

I think he can have that ego for what he's achieved. Rather someone have a ego and be a champion rather than someone whose all who and mouth and gets nowhere....

Archived