Commonwealth Games

Ovis aries

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Commonwealth games is tiny compared to the Olympics, however the unique points are that there are 17 sports on the program - 10 of these sports are core sports (they are always played) and 7 have been selected by the host city from a choice of sixteen, so marginal sports get global exposure.

Also able and para competitors are all in one competition, so you could see Grag Rutherford win a gold in the Longjump, whilst David Weir is racing in the wheelchair 1500m.

That yellow mole on the side of Rebecca's face looks horrendous !!

I've hated her since she was on QOS. She picked home in home or away and got a question about an Australia swimmer (Alicia Coutts if memory serves me well). After about a minute of thought and no answer, Sue revealed the answer to be Coutts. Adlington responded with a really arrogant laugh and said that she didn't even know who that was. At least, that's how I saw it

Coutts won 5 medals in London, Adlington should show a little bit more respect next time.

So Mo pulls out, now ,don't think he was ever going to compete.

I'm sure everyone will understand why he's done it, but as you say, he probably knew all along that he wouldn't be competing. Should have done it earlier

Watched the men's triathlon. Blooming heck, Alistair Brownlee destroyed a world class field and wasn't even blowing at the end.

Archived