Commonwealth Games

Ovis aries

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He canna be slating the CG's, don't care how fast he is. That comes across as him thinking they're beneath him. Why's he competing then?

Yeah, Glasgow did well. Australia next, Gold Coast. I'll only be watching the highlights programme for that then, can't be watching it through the night. Only 24 has that power over me.

He's only regarded the best track athlete Pheonix as the 100, 200 & 4 X 100 relay are regarded as the greatest track events.

The decathlon of course is a great event with the very best athletes, but the training for the 100m is not at all easier than the training for the decathlon.

for a man to hold the records in the 100m and 200m and for no one to come close to him (yes Yohan Blake beat him in the 100m once) he must be considered the greatest athlete.

He has also joked that he`ll do the long jump in Rio to break Jesse Owens record and truly be the greatest track athlete of all time.

He's only regarded the best track athlete Pheonix as the 100, 200 & 4 X 100 relay are regarded as the greatest track events.

The decathlon of course is a great event with the very best athletes, but the training for the 100m is not at all easier than the training for the decathlon.

for a man to hold the records in the 100m and 200m and for no one to come close to him (yes Yohan Blake beat him in the 100m once) he must be considered the greatest athlete.

He has also joked that he`ll do the long jump in Rio to break Jesse Owens record and truly be the greatest track athlete of all time.

Daley Thompson undefeated for 10 years 2 olympic golds (his main rivals where West German)

If they (the media) said 'the greatest sprinter on the planet" then yes, he is. At present.

Someone will come along and break his records in due course as he did with Michael Johnson's incredible 200 metres record.

But  "the greatest athlete", then, no. When he adds high jump, long jump, pole vault, shot, discus, javelin, hurdles, and 1500 mteres to his repetoire, I'll reconsider. Traditionally, the title "World's greatest athlete" has been given to the Olympic Decathlon champion.

Ahhh. Used to love watching Daley Thompson, the greatest All-rounder ever. I used to think the whole nation literally pushed him round that 1500 metres though but the end result didn't change. Victorious!

If they (the media) said 'the greatest sprinter on the planet" then yes, he is. At present.

Someone will come along and break his records in due course as he did with Michael Johnson's incredible 200 metres record.

But  "the greatest athlete", then, no. When he adds high jump, long jump, pole vault, shot, discus, javelin, hurdles, and 1500 mteres to his repetoire, I'll reconsider. Traditionally, the title "World's greatest athlete" has been given to the Olympic Decathlon champion.

I would agree if they held world record times or distances in their events , a few have , mainly in the long jump.

Many turn to the multi events because they would not seriously compete at the very top in any single event.

Would Jess Ennis have medalled at any of her events at the Olympics , maybe a bronze in the hurdles.

Not belittling them in any way ,I would just say they are the best in the world at what they do.

Bolt has the physique to be a very good multi eventer , who knows what he might do.

Ahhh. Used to love watching Daley Thompson, the greatest All-rounder ever. I used to think the whole nation literally pushed him round that 1500 metres though but the end result didn't change. Victorious!

At the height of his power, the 1500m was 3 and 3/4 laps of honour. Incredible athlete.

At the height of his power, the 1500m was 3 and 3/4 laps of honour. Incredible athlete.

It's disgusting how they dish out titles/honours nowadays.... Is it because he speaks his mind and is not afraid of the establishment? One of the greatest sportsman of all time this country has produced

Archived