Predict the Scapegoat

Duracell

Derby's Scapegoat 2014/15  

200 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I don't think fans seriously expect us to storm the league.

Last season bamford's goals were worth 11 or 12 points.

Without those goals we would have finished 5th or 6th.

We've lost wisdom and gained christie

We will also have thorne for a full season hopefully - barring injury.

I think we are expected to make the play offs.

But fulham, cardiff, wigan etc aren't just going to roll over.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sir Jake has become a bit of a cult hero on this forum so should be safe.

When Jake first arrived he was flung into the first team fold and performed extremely well, this coming from a player who had last played in the non-leagues. His form was great and many were quite positive about him. He got injured though, and his form understandably dipped due to it, the "that a boy Jake" attitude dissipated to return to the "non-league rubbish non-league Nigel signing!" chorus.

Jake came back, again with injuries a problem but ultimately pushed his way back in and again performed very well. A solid player and one who deserved his spot. People were positive, he had become to become a bit of a cult here even then. He of course scored the winner over Forest, the winner to give us our first double over them in 40 years. Of course, another injury and with he and O'Connor now the scapegoats.

He has been brilliant again this last season, as he has been when not carrying injuries since he arrived, yet people will always come back and whinge if he's not 100%, because to many he's still "just a non-league player" despite being one of the finer defenders in the damn league. I've always been a loud supporter for Buxton, and I feel he's been solid from the off, and only gotten better, but I assure you, if things don't go 100% at the start of this season, I fear many will lay the blame on him.

That's what I expect. Top 6. But you watch mate, bet you'll be surprised how critical it'll get.

So, without Bamford's goals we would have got in the play offs but missed out on promotion!  :mellow:

BTW TBH I AM seriously expecting us to storm the league this year, and I bet a lot of neutrals are anorl.

Keep expectations down please... lets not put pressure on them. We still have a young squad. We have a good chance of promotion. We will aim for top 2, but if we drop into the playoffs then we need to win them.

How can you expect us to "storm the league" when many teams in this league have such strong squads too? Championship is unpredictable, nothing is guaranteed.

Keep expectations down please... lets not put pressure on them. We still have a young squad. We have a good chance of promotion. We will aim for top 2, but if we drop into the playoffs then we need to win them.

How can you expect us to "storm the league" when many teams in this league have such strong squads too? Championship is unpredictable, nothing is guaranteed.

I for one feel that SM will get a couple of quality loans in (Att and Winger) once Prem loans open. I agree Championship is unpredictable, but, and this the big butt!!! Is that we have continuity. All teams coming down are on the downward curve and will need time to turn things around. A team on the up gets off to a flyer.

The 3 coming down granted have got a chance. Norwich and Cardiff over Fulham as most of their players are ex Championship anyway.

Fulham will be swanning around as their players wont be used to the style required to get you out of the league

So of 3 coming down maybe Cardiff although their manager is wholly unproven. Of the other play off teams none will get close.

Of those who underperformed i cant see any who will be stronger. And those coming up only Wolves could suprise, but top 2???? No way.

And we have packed South Standa aso (12th man)

It has to be the printable tickets. Recipe for disaster. There are going to be literal piles of fans outside the turnstiles with their '99p with a flake' ticket for some back end game who cant get in because the scanner cant read their ticket as their HP printer has the cheap ink from Wilkos in it!!

I detest scapegoating but have been guilty of it myself with the likes of Pickering, Pembridge, Kuhl, Burton, Stern John, and Sammon who i just laugh at which is more disrespectful...no more scapegoating from me, ever, it brings no good!

Seems like Thorne is our current scapegoat. Should be Keogh. Cost us our place in the top division along with Buxton and Forsyth.

Rubbish. It wasn't Keogh's fault that we couldn't score against ten men for half an hour. Everyone makes mistakes.

Archived