Broken Scissors.

SK47

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You had high expectations of Claude Davis?

In that season Preston NE beat us in the playoffs (04/05), most neutrals agreed Claude played a key part in their success. I particularly remember how well he played against us in that second leg - Rasiak barely got a kick. Granted he had a bit of dodgy spell at Sheffield Utd just before joining us but I didn't expect him to be quite as horrifically awful as he was.

Back to topic, I expected a bit more from Craig Short considering we made him Britain's most expensive defender in 1992 - he chose us over Premier League Blackburn too, back when they were briefly glamorous & on their way to eventually winning the title. A good CB no doubt, just not quite as good as the hype & transfer fee maybe suggested.

Anyone we've ever paid a hefty fee for since the turn of the millennium, pretty much. Burley, Davis, Earnshaw, Strupar, to a lesser extent Sammon...

Of the big fees I've seen us hand out since I've supported Derby, the only ones to deliver have been centre backs. Barker, Shackell and Keogh have delivered what you'd expect for the fees we paid for them.

Russell only has to have a half-decent season to be the best attacker I've seen us pay over half a million for. How depressing is that!?

Anyone we've ever paid a hefty fee for since the turn of the millennium, pretty much. Burley, Davis, Earnshaw, Strupar, to a lesser extent Sammon...

Of the big fees I've seen us hand out since I've supported Derby, the only ones to deliver have been centre backs. Barker, Shackell and Keogh have delivered what you'd expect for the fees we paid for them.

Russell only has to have a half-decent season to be the best attacker I've seen us pay over half a million for. How depressing is that!?

I thought Steve Howard did a decent enough job for us , wasn't he around a million?

I thought Steve Howard did a decent enough job for us , wasn't he around a million?

I'd forgotten about him.

Although it was only one season - again, if Russell puts in another half-decent season, he's offered more of a contribution.

Not a player, but Paul Jewell.

Nous, know how, figt the relegation fight, be in the hunt to come back up....

Nope.

He is my definition of unappealing sweaty scouser now.

He was a manager that promised so much, and delivered nothing. In fact, worse than nothing. He actively made us worse. If he had turned up and changed nothing, we'd have been better off.

Mick Harford. We had the perfect partnership in Goddard and Saunders and then we decided to sell Goddard to Millwall. The logic was that it was good business for a player his age, however for me Harford never lived up to expectation and his signing coincided with a downward turn in fortunes and we were relegated the following season

Archived