Worst Ever Kit

Ahjames08

When I heard we signed Umbro, I knew it would hard to sign new players... Who wants to wear an Umbro Kit, England wore Umbro for years which says it all and all the top teams were desperate to move away from Umbro and have done.. Man City, Chelsea and many others.. Yet we DCFC sign up to wear their **** kits..!!

This is the worst kit in years, it does not inspire me or any player for that matter, looks cheap and the yellow kit is what kids wear on a Sunday morning.

I have just seen the 3 new kits by Puma for Arsenal, no wonder Sanchez wanted to sign for them, they all look great with the Puma Jaguar.

Who ever made this decision and accepted the design should be sacked, even the Umbro on the sleeve looks awful.

As for just Eat surely we could have found a much stronger branded sponsor, Bombadier was good local company, what about Rolls Royce where a lot of fans work.

Hopefully we sign a few players and the package is right for them to wear the **** kit..

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure you've quite grasped the idea of sponsorship. We put the name of whoever bids the most on the shirt.

I don't like the new kit, but that just means I won't buy it. Professionals won't care what their uniform looks like, they'll just get on with the job. Plus, have you seen how most footballers choose to dress in their free time? If we let them design the shirts we'd have something even worse.

I have just seen the 3 new kits by Puma for Arsenal, no wonder Sanchez wanted to sign for them, they all look great with the Puma Jaguar.

Hate to point out then obvious here, but the company Puma, use a puma for their logo. If they used a jaguar for their logo they would be called Jaguar, and they would make cars, not kits.

When I heard we signed Umbro, I knew it would hard to sign new players... Who wants to wear an Umbro Kit, England wore Umbro for years which says it all and all the top teams were desperate to move away from Umbro and have done.. Man City, Chelsea and many others.. Yet we DCFC sign up to wear their **** kits..!!

This is the worst kit in years, it does not inspire me or any player for that matter, looks cheap and the yellow kit is what kids wear on a Sunday morning.

Who ever made this decision and accepted the design should be sacked, even the Umbro on the sleeve looks awful.

As for just Eat surely we could have found a much stronger branded sponsor, Bombadier was good local company, what about Rolls Royce where a lot of fans work.

Hopefully we sign a few players and the package is right for them to wear the **** kit..

1. Umbro have only recently returned and from their Everton kit I think they will begin to make some decent kits in years to come now they are separate from Nike.

2, I don't think we had any other choice but Umbro, I think John Vicars mentioned that Kappa and Umbro were under the same ownership or something like that.

3. We are not Arsenal, how can you make comparisons with a club in the champions league. (as already pointed out Puma's logo is a Puma not a Jaguar)

4. Whoever made the designs probably had very little time to design the kits. 

5. Doubt Rolls Royce would benefit from having their logo on our shirt. I can't really see the average football fan watching championship standard football being able to buy a Trent 700 englne any time soon.

Finally, would you rather us be wearing the quality Adidas kit that we had 4 years ago and finishing in the bottom half of the table or the poor Kappa kits from last season and finish 3rd in the league. 

The kit isn't important its what's under the shirt that matters. 

Also I cannot honestly believe that you think the football kit will affect us signing new players?

For me, the worst kit we've ever had was that Joma one with the thick black stripe going down the side.

Normally, I start off disliking the kit but by the end of the season I quite like them (the thunderbirds kit, the slime green kit and the barcode away kit) but that one didn't grow on me at all.

Maybe the terrible football under Phil Brown whilst we were wearing it and the image of Dean Holdsworth squeezed into it prevented me from ever liking it.

I don't mind 2 out of 3 of this seasons kits although the sponsor completely ruins them all.

I'm not sure you've quite grasped the idea of sponsorship. We put the name of whoever bids the most on the shirt.

I don't like the new kit, but that just means I won't buy it. Professionals won't care what their uniform looks like, they'll just get on with the job. Plus, have you seen how most footballers choose to dress in their free time? If we let them design the shirts we'd have something even worse.

"http://www.kickette.com/images/uploads/feb11robbiesavage" alt="feb11robbiesavage">

5. Doubt Rolls Royce would benefit from having their logo on our shirt. I can't really see the average football fan watching championship standard football being able to buy a Trent 700 englne any time soon.

I can categorically state that this will never ever happen.  I have worked very closely with the Corporate Sponsorship part of RR and it is not something that the company would ever consider.

Archived