How much is our midfield worth

Hans

We arguably already have the 3 best centre midfielders in the championship with Hughes, Bryson and Hendrick, and once Thorne signs we will have a centre midfield better than a few premier league teams. I've come to the conclusion that our midfield collectively must be worth at least

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The market dictates a players worth and if 2.5M is being talked about for Thorne then I would say:

Thorne 2.5M

Hughes: 6M

Hendrick: 2M

Bryson: 2M

Total: 12.5M

Not far off the mark there. Hughes 9 million though

Value is based on the market.

Bryson is an odd one, but with a 5 year deal, at the right age, lots of experience at this level, proven consistency and ability to play out a full season and of course and the goals and assists he brought last season, you'd need to be taking in the

Not far off the mark there. Hughes 9 million though

Do you really think there are clubs willing to shell out 9M for Hughes? I don't see it.

After a very average season, any interest in him seems to have waned. All of this potential he is supposed to have...for me it is only potential. His value is largely based on his performances pre-McClaren.

Do you really think there are clubs willing to shell out 9M for Hughes? I don't see it.

After a very average season, any interest in him seems to have waned. All of this potential he is supposed to have...for me it is only potential. His value is largely based on his performances pre-McClaren.

It's not what clubs are willing to fork out though, it's what we're willing to accept.

Just turned 19, English and with an extraordinary amount of Championship experience. Players with worse records have gone for well more than

Too many people have been playing football manager.

Too many people still live in the late 90s.

When putting a price on Hughes you have to take it in the context that he's one of the most experienced young 19 year old English players, with undoubted potential. He along side Shaw and Sterling are the youngest (and only players under 20) in the English U21s at the moment. Then consider the prices going for these lads:

John Stones - Defender -

Archived