Nigel Clough's legacy.

uttoxram75

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With regards to Buxton he's had a phenomenal last season and fully deserves his 3 year contract, but would any of us been bothered if he had been push out the door two years ago. I know I wouldn't. He said himself he thought he was about to be kicked into touch until he got that late winner against the dogs. I would have to say he's the most improved player last season, but when cloughie brought him I was thinking WTF is he doing.   

i renewed my season ticket as soon as mr personality clough got the boot...

the best day last season.... for me

arragant idiot...

who ever slags of his players in public doesnt deserve anything in football

clown

arragant idiot...

clown

I was buzzin the day he got the sack last season, I knew our fortunes were about to change. The man held us back for so long.

arragant idiot...

clown

I thought you were being serious until I saw that you had signed your post 'Clown'.

So you like him really - correct?

held us back.. exactly

the only reason he was given so much time was because of the name

COMPLETE clown... poor SUFC...

listen to Sam Rush's you tube clip on why DCFC needed a change.. its a classic.. Sam's 3rd point was about football relationships,, and he alluded that mr clough didnt have any '' in a diplimatic way offcourse''

held us back.. exactly

the only reason he was given so much time was because of the name

COMPLETE clown... poor SUFC...

listen to Sam Rush's you tube clip on why DCFC needed a change.. its a classic.. Sam's 3rd point was about football relationships,, and he alluded that mr clough didnt have any '' in a diplimatic way offcourse''

Poor SUFC?? I don't think you will find many at Bramall Lane who will agree with that after last season. :-)

It shows what an experienced and quality manager will do to a team. Clough, little experience at this level. Mac experience at an international level. Almost...the same team, but the difference between performances and quality football is clear to see.

I don't have anything against Clough, he did the job to the best of his abilities, which unfortunately weren't good enough for us. He is a mid-table championship manager at best. Which would be perfect for a lot of teams. We however are after prem football which means we needed to move on.

Utch, typical Stokie that's only happy when there's fighting.

Clough had better hair and didn't wear small shorts and suspenders unlike McClaren.

McClaren doesn't spend 60% of his interviews saying "erm"

Nige could last the interviews without a coffee though.

But McClaren sits in the stand well out of the way of rain.

Nige had Crosby and Garner

McClaren has Eric Steel and Simmo

Nigel kicked Billy Davies

McClaren wears a suit on match days.

It's tough tbf.

Clough had better hair and didn't wear small shorts and suspenders unlike McClaren.

Clough had very much generic bloke hair. McClaren is at least touting a unique look. No comment on the small shorts and suspenders...

Clough had very much generic bloke hair. McClaren is at least touting a unique look. No comment on the small shorts and suspenders...

"Unique"? Ain't that a horse with a horn?

Anyway, I don't know why he doesn't Walter White it. No journos would crack brolly jokes then. Did you hear Lineker make a joke about Mac's Dutch accent the other day?

Nobody took the michael out of Nigel.

"Unique"? Ain't that a horse with a horn?

Anyway, I don't know why he doesn't Walter White it. No journos would crack brolly jokes then. Did you hear Lineker make a joke about Mac's Dutch accent the other day?

Nobody took the michael out of Nigel.

Nobody knows enough about Nigel to take the mick. Forever be the son of Clough.

Utch, typical Stokie that's only happy when there's fighting.

McClaren doesn't spend 60% of his interviews saying "erm"

Nige could last the interviews without a coffee though.

But McClaren sits in the stand well out of the way of rain.

Nige had Crosby and Garner

McClaren has Eric Steel and Simmo

Nigel kicked Billy Davies

McClaren wears a suit on match days.

It's tough tbf.

I dont condone violence but surely anyone who kicks Billy Davies in a mass on field melee in a heated rivalry and gets away with it should be given some sort of medal or knighthood. #legend

Built a very good car with a solid chassis, with little money, engine had a misfire though.

McClaren sorted the misfire and turned the very good car into a championship winning team of 2014/15!

6/10. Was going well until the analogy slipped at the end.

Archived