Nigel Clough's legacy.

uttoxram75

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would never get us over the line because the players with extra quality either didn't want to play for him, he fell out with or the bigger clubs wouldn't loan us.

He's found his league 1 level.

• Average manager
  • Stubborn
  • Crap man manager
  • Crap at tactics
  • Did not know what to do when things were going wrong. Poor sub choices.
  • Poor motivator.
  • Punching above his level

On the positives:-

• Had the nads to play some kids and stick with them

Always said he had the tools in the box but just did not know what to do with them.. That was his failing.

Mac has proved that with getting players Clough could not motivate to play.. Bucko??

All those who thought he steadied the ship and did everything including negotiating the milk bill need to get their head out of the jacksies. He was also part of a team..

Clough came to the club when we were millions in debt!! Yes at times the football was awful but he kept us in the Championship!!

His knowledge of the lower leagues enabled us to find several gems!!

Unfortunately Clough lacked a good number 2 which meant at times he had no plan B or someone strong enough to question his tactics!! Plus he would play players out of position if we had a injury!! E.g Brayford playing CB!! :angry:

Clough's legacy for me will be remembered for building the strong foundations of the club which we are benefitting from now! And the moment at Leeds when he got the players off the bus to walk to ground!! Classic Clough!!! 

I think it's a lot harder to get a team promoted to Premier league compared to getting team promoted from League 1 to Championship, standard in L1 lot easier, think Clough will get Sheffield United promoted.

I think it's a lot harder to get a team promoted to Premier league compared to getting team promoted from League 1 to Championship, standard in L1 lot easier, think Clough will get Sheffield United promoted.

Definitely. I think Clough will have problems if he doesn't get them promoted next season. He's got one of the biggest budgets in the division and as you say it's not as difficult a division as the Champ, heck even the Gumps managed to win promotion form that division. It's the only thing they have won this century!

We wouldn't be where we are today if it wasn't for Nigel. I thank him for his service and will always think fondly of him. Good luck at Sheffield United

Without Nigel we would have been where we are now but 3-4 years ago!!!

Archived