Nigel Clough's legacy.

uttoxram75

There's not been enough proper arguments on here recently so i thought i'd start one.

Steve McClaren has kept the nucleus of Nigel's squad and gave them improved contracts. So, the odd tactical decision aside, are we all agreed that Nigel Clough has an absolutely phenomenal eye for a player and was, considering how much he spent, a superb manager and a great servant to the club.

Or is Steve wrong and he should dismantle Nigel's squad and send them back to wherever they came from.

Remember, personal abuse is against forum rules.

:D

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Credit to him for finding some cheap, relatively unknowns who have been developed into a solid nucleus. It's inevitable that every manager brings in a few duds and so did Nigel. I just think he was too conservative, in the transfer/loan market and on the pitch. 

Overall though, he was a good servant to the club and helped set the stage for the push to promotion that Mac will complete. 

And it was great to see him succeed at Sheffield United. 

Nigel will be remembered as a really great manager in due course.

He took no shiit, built a fantastic team, restored the academy, got them playing great football.

We'd have gone up this year if he'd been allowed to finish the job.

Sam is now stealing the credit for the success.

Schteve inherited a winning team.

#couldn't fail.

Nigel will be remembered as a really great manager in due course.

He took no shiit, built a fantastic team, restored the academy, got them playing great football.

We'd have gone up this year if he'd been allowed to finish the job.

Sam is now stealing the credit for the success.

Schteve inherited a winning team.

#couldn't fail.

#hashtagsonlyworkwithoutspacesin

Archived