Will Hughes Signs Extended 4-Year Deal

Duracell

Wow, this is great news for the club and its fans. A genuine superstar committing to the club for four years while we're still in the Championship shows other players around the world that Derby has a bright future and is a place where good players want to play. 

Wouldn't be surprised if this influenced influenced Santos to sign with us over Hull, too. 

The fans are definitely being repaid for sticking by the club. 

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe he's a one club man. Like Giggs. Although it's easier to be a one-club man when you're winning trophies year in year out, so maybe more like Le Tissier. Does that kind of loyalty exist any more?

Out of interest though, are we now having to shatter our wage structure to renew all these contracts. The players have certainly earned it after last season, but I assume we'll have to be offering them pretty huge wages to keep them from being tempted by Prem wages. Is that likely to break the bank or deplete the funds available for transfers?

Whatever though, this is like a signing in itself, and whatever it costs us in wages, it's not cost us any transfer fees.

Maybe he's a one club man. Like Giggs. Although it's easier to be a one-club man when you're winning trophies year in year out, so maybe more like Le Tissier. Does that kind of loyalty exist any more?

Out of interest though, are we now having to shatter our wage structure to renew all these contracts. The players have certainly earned it after last season, but I assume we'll have to be offering them pretty huge wages to keep them from being tempted by Prem wages. Is that likely to break the bank or deplete the funds available for transfers?

Whatever though, this is like a signing in itself, and whatever it costs us in wages, it's not cost us any transfer fees.

Not sure I care about wage bills or transfer budgets, the most important thing is keeping this squad of players together for another season and making sure they buy into how important that is as well.

We might lose Thorne and Bryson...so be it. There hasn't been a mass exodus of players, which is the main thing.

Could be another reason which influenced his decision to stay. Our fitness side of things has come on leaps and bounds in recent seasons and we seem to have stopped getting loads of niggling injuries. We had barely anything muscle-related last season.

Touch wood eh...

Well chuffed with this, what a coup!

I'm quite impressed that the club is getting all these players to sign long term contracts, they're keeping to their word at the end of the season about keeping the core of the side together and, despite the lack of genuine 1st team signings and the Bryson saga, I think it's showing real ambition, especially to get a talent like Will Hughes to commit to four years. I also think that's partly down to Hughes being a smart lad (for a footballer) and knowing there's no rush to move to a big side and that by doing so too early in your career could be detrimental, i.e., Zaha, John Bostock and any young player signs for Man City.

He may have also seen what's happened at Southampton and sees similarities and the benefits of keeping the squad together, how that compliments your own ability when playing around other you're familiar with and how that may lead to a

Why on the minute mark are the black players training separately?! 

It was players from so called development team

Max Lowe, Eros Medaglia, Rhys Sharpe, Farrend Rawson, Josh Lelan, Mo Adams(?) and Kwame Thomas.

TobyWanKenobi

You know what the best part about this is for me?

Those smarmy bumlicking gobshytes on twitter that said "Welcome to Liverpool" to him are wrong. As well as those posters on here that guaranteed he would sign for Liverpool last summer, then again in January. You know who you are, but no doubt you will never admit it.

You know what..... Hats off to the back room staff and board to tie this down....

On another level on and off the pitch nowadays.

Thanks DCFC

"d/14/07/02/8yjy2yje" alt="8yjy2yje">More to the point Martin looks fat

Bucks like he means business, complete with bushy beard (that he shaved off yesterday)

Whose that stood next to Hughes on the end- don't recognise him.

Freeman!

Archived