Suarez penalty announced

EssendonRam

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First game back coca cola cup 4th round, where they will no doubt draw the mighty Rams, along with "Just Eat" on their shirts :-)

Sorry the cheating racist pig

Cheating racist vampire pig.

4 months will do, it's a damn site more than I thought they'd give him, and it pretty much guts Uruguay's world cup campaign (which so far has consisted of Luis Suarez) and Liverpool's title challenge next season. If nothing else the players, supporters and sponsors who trusted him are going to be furious with him, as you'd need to be truly, unbelievably biased to think he's innocent this time.

Whilst 4 months and 9 World Cup games (I'm assuming qualifiers are included in this) doesn't seem much it equates to:

- At least 9 Premier League games (~24% of the season)

- 3 Champions League games (50% of the group stage)

- The rest of the World Cup

- At least 5 and as many as 8 qualifiers (~31% - 50% of the qualifying campaign)

That is a devastating blow to Uruguay and Liverpool, and almost certainly will end any transfer hopes he had this off season, and potentially for the rest of their career (who really would blow silly money on him now). His team mates will certainly feel betrayed, particularly Uruguay, who have relied so heavily on him to get through, and in recent years (11 goals in his last 18 games for them).

So it mightn't seem much at first, but if FIFA hold firm here, that is a career shredding punishment potentially. Even when he's back he's got to get fit and earn the trust of his team mates again.

To be fair the four months is a biggish ban, the only problem is it starts now and not when the domestic season starts..

They have just lodged an appeal, so prepare for the bans to be reduced.

FIFA had more balls than I thought they had..

To be fair the four months is a biggish ban, the only problem is it starts now and not when the domestic season starts..

They have just lodged an appeal, so prepare for the bans to be reduced.

FIFA had more balls than I thought they had..

Agreed, fair play to FIFA

They were going to be damned if they do and damned if they don't.

Think they have got it bang on

Archived