England v Costa Rica

Ovis aries

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whatever you say about the team-we have the best supporters in the world..

Certainly have now they've stopped the scum from travelling.

Not bad, not great

Jones looked much better than Johnson has all tournament

Smalling didn't have a lot to do but played better than I expected

Foster with some good saves and catching but his distribution was poor

Wilshere played his best of the tournament

Barkley suits that almost Bryson role in midfield, freedom to go where he wants

Lallana with great movement

Sturridge should have scored at least two, maybe in a Liverpool shirt

Milner crap

Solid but uninspiring performance

I thought it couldn't get much worse than getting dicked by Germany in 2010 but I was badly wrong.

You'd have thought that would've shaken the FA out of years of apathy and brought sweeping changes but it didn't so I very much doubt it will this time. As long as the premier league keeps getting billions from sky and bringing in the top talent from around the world nobody will give a toss and kid themselves into thinking the national game is all hunky dory...

Well that's Fcuked my prediction up.... Italy out after I praised them last week.... Hands held up! What do I know ehhhh!?

Not bad, not great

Jones looked much better than Johnson has all tournament

Smalling didn't have a lot to do but played better than I expected

Foster with some good saves and catching but his distribution was poor

Wilshere played his best of the tournament

Barkley suits that almost Bryson role in midfield, freedom to go where he wants

Lallana with great movement

Sturridge should have scored at least two, maybe in a Liverpool shirt

Milner crap

Solid but uninspiring performance

Agree with most of that.

Thought Jones looked poor myself.

Shaw looked very good. Hope Roy goes with him into the Euro qualifiers instead of Baines.

I thought it couldn't get much worse than getting dicked by Germany in 2010 but I was badly wrong.

You'd have thought that would've shaken the FA out of years of apathy and brought sweeping changes but it didn't so I very much doubt it will this time. As long as the premier league keeps getting billions from sky and bringing in the top talent from around the world nobody will give a toss and kid themselves into thinking the national game is all hunky dory...

Going to take time.... The low level base is there..... The kids are doing well in tournaments now.... St George's Park is a step forward.

FA do get many things wrong, but there on the right path at the start.... Problem is it's slowly slowly catch the monkey.

I mentioned other ideas in a previous thread on what the FA could do.... Just wish they were quicker at times

Agree with most of that.

Thought Jones looked poor myself.

Shaw looked very good. Hope Roy goes with him into the Euro qualifiers instead of Baines.

Shaw looks a great prospect, I've rated Baines for a long time but he was poor this tournament

Jones didn't get forward as much as Johnson but looked SO much better defensively, and although got caught out a couple of times he was quick enough and strong enough to get back and rectify it

Going to take time.... The low level base is there..... The kids are doing well in tournaments now.... St George's Park is a step forward.

FA do get many things wrong, but there on the right path at the start.... Problem is it's slowly slowly catch the monkey.

I mentioned other ideas in a previous thread on what the FA could do.... Just wish they were quicker at times

They never should've bothered with Wembley, £757m could've gone a long way to improving grass roots. As much as I've enjoyed our two trips there I would've got the same buzz at millennium stadium or old trafford. As for St George's Park in theory it's a good idea but when they're charging young coaches £2-3k a time to listen to Aidy ****** Boothroyd what good is going to come from it...

Archived