Saturday 14th - World Cup Match Thread

Srg

I predict:

Hart, Johnson (totally *****), Cahill, Jagielka, Baines, Gerrard, Henderson, Rooney, Welbeck, Lallana, Sturridge

I also agree with this. Which I've accepted, as long as other players such as Sterling, the Ox, Wilshere and Lambert get to see good game time in the other fixtures.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't see England doing much as we lack pace. Sturridge, Rooney and Welbeck are relatively quick, but they're not particularly excellent ball-carrying players like Arjen Robben.

I fully expect England to all-but park the bus. Bodies behind the ball, keep a tight line, leave little space between defence and midfield, allow Italy to get the ball wide and when the opportunity arises, get bodies in the box for set-pieces etc. as Italy aren't particularly quick on the break.

Got a slight soft spot for Greece. Love the islands, and I have a daft tattoo in Greek....

Mind you that was soft defending from Greece then 1-0

I can't see England doing much as we lack pace. Sturridge, Rooney and Welbeck are relatively quick, but they're not particularly excellent ball-carrying players like Arjen Robben.

I fully expect England to all-but park the bus. Bodies behind the ball, keep a tight line, leave little space between defence and midfield, allow Italy to get the ball wide and when the opportunity arises, get bodies in the box for set-pieces etc. as Italy aren't particularly quick on the break.

Interesting though that in that fantastic Dutch performance,2 out of their 3 star players Robben and

RVP both starred in the Premier League.

Interesting though that in that fantastic Dutch performance,2 out of their 3 star players Robben and

RVP both starred in the Premier League.

Sorry buddy I don't undertand the connection.

Are you saying this bodes well for England? Or proof that the Premier League is an excellent league?

Archived