Saturday 14th - World Cup Match Thread

Srg

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And let's be fair, far more exciting than for years.

It's just typical that we finally have the players to support a good attacking game and now all of a sudden we haven't got a defence worth a damn. Hopefully one day we'll eventually have both at the same time.

Just got the impression in those last 10-15 mins we could have played all night without scoring.

The crosses weren't beating the first man, of we're over hit, the long range shots were the same, the runs we're coming up against brick walls. I'm all for patient build up, but a lot ended in a disappointing damp squib.

Maybe it was was tiredness later in the game. Similar to derby in those games where we're battering them, but end up 0-0 (Reading) or 0-1 (******* QPR).

Terrible second half performance. Took our best performing playing off in Wellbeck. Commentary saying we were ok..... Gerrard is past it. So disappointed.

Same old. Dont know why ppl are raving about Englands attack, woeful 2nd half. We trouble their GK? Not really. Well done Italy, by far the better team.

Garbage.

Best team won, England got exactly what they deserved.

England won't win fook all until they sort out that sh1te defence.

Really? It seems to me that this forum has a simple formula. Losing = crap team. We were far better than normal and the fact is that at this level if you make even small mistakes, you get punished. Italy are no mugs and they took their chances. But we produced loads of chances and didn't take them.

Really? It seems to me that this forum has a simple formula. Losing = crap team. We were far better than normal and the fact is that at this level if you make even small mistakes, you get punished. Italy are no mugs and they took their chances. But we produced loads of chances and didn't take them.

Wasteful in attack and generous at the back = good?

I suppose years of England under performances have hammered that mentality home.

Archived