Islam Feruz

DcFc Dyycheee

Sky Sports understands Chelsea are ready to send highly-rated starlet Islam Feruz out on loan next season.

Feruz, who signed a new long-term deal at the start of the year, has impressed for Chelsea's Under-21s over the last couple of seasons and he is also a regular for Scotland's Under-21s.

The 18-year-old helped Chelsea win the Under 21 Premier League championship last season and Jose Mourinho believes the youngster should go out loan next season to get regular first-team football to aid his development.

Chelsea have shown over the years that they like to loan out their best young talent so that they can gain valuable experience before making the step up to the first team at Stamford Bridge - and Feruz is set to be the first of many who will be farmed out on a temporary basis next season.

The news has alerted a host of Championship clubs to Feruz's availability on loan, with the likes of Cardiff, Derby, Reading and Brighton all thought to be keeping tabs on the forward's situation. - http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/9344468/transfer-news-championship-clubs-eye-chelsea-starlet-islam-feruz-on-loan

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Chelsea have shown over the years that they like to loan out their best young talent so that they can gain valuable experience before making the step up to the first team at Stamford Bridge"

when has this ever happened? Chelsea highlights everything that is wrong with modern day football 

As people may know, I do watch quite a bit of Chelsea's youth team and know more than the average man about them.

On Feruz, he does have a lot of ability but he is still very raw and similar to Mason Bennett, in my opinion.

If you ever watch him play for Scotland's youth team then you'll rate him very highly, because he looks ridiculous in comparison to those around him. But, in Chelsea's youth team, he would probably come in 5th or 6th as their most talented player.

John Swift and Lewis Baker are the boys to grab but they're centre midfielders, so I doubt we'll be in for them.

Archived