Burnley and QPR attempts to sign Craig Bryson

Jenkinson

I do feel that I should be really gutted but I don't feel that way. Even though he has done really well here I think we will still move on fine and actually im quite looking forward to seeing Hughes and Hendrick getting a good run together.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just want this over with, if his heart is not in staying and trying to get us promoted next season then thanks and farewell, think Hendrick was better than him back end of last season. If we can land Thorne, We have Hendrick and Hughes, Eustace, Coutts, and fringe players. If a new contract is on the table, which I Imagine would be pretty lucrative from our point of view, but he wants to go and play for a club like QPR or Burnley then bye bye.

I think he'd suit QPR's system much better, but have an awful chance of getting game time.

Fantastic money though, so I wouldn't begrudge him a move there. 

In fact, we may be able to get him on loan in September if he goes QPR. I'd bare that in mind.

Its not Rush's fault.

When this clause was put in, Clough was still here and we were a very average side.

Bryson was good, but not as good as he was least season.

If he goes then no problem.

But we have to replace him.

If it was up to me. Id have Andy King from Leicester.

249 apps, 46 goals, bags of Championship experience and still only 25.

Not sure if this clause is anyone's "fault". We were a mid-table side trying to keep an above mid-table player. He stuck around last season, and it so nearly paid off for both parties.

If that clause was what kept him here, then it was a fantastic bit of business.

If the money is right you've got to let him go. Let him have his chance at the big time. Can only feel he'd be going about it the wrong way with QPR or Burnley. Straight back down and hopefully Derby will be in a better place to go up and try and stay up! 

That's there so if someone wants to talk to him they have to offer that much.We do not have to sell for that that much,it can be sky's the limit on the actual fee.

But that's not what the burnley local paper were claiming. They said that, on closer inspection, the clause quite specifically said that if one club bids

If the clause is 750K unless someone else bids it can only be a good thing with QPR bidding as long as its over the 750K, as it will mean Burnley will have to match it if they want Bryson.

Bryson will not leave us for QPR as he will not move down south, if he leaves it will be to Burnley so hopefully QPR bid higher than the 750K making Burnley match it.

Redknapp maybe doing his good mate McClaren a favour and bumping up the price :ph34r:

Archived