Burnley and QPR attempts to sign Craig Bryson

Jenkinson

Just want to say that while this £2million is being thrown around, the club are yet to officially put a price tag on him. Nicholson says:

"The report says Derby are thought to want more like £2m for their player of the year, who

scored 16 goals last season and helped the Rams to reach the Championship play-off final.

Derby, I understand, have not put a valuation on the player."

So Derby haven't put a price on him, but Burnley or whoever THINK that 2mil will do it. Which may or may not be true. Rush has says that we intend to keep this group of players together. So at the risk of sounding like a WBA fan, we won't put a price on him because we have no intention of selling him. However, every player has a price...

Also, for what it's worth I think he's a fantastic player that we should not lose. We ought to give them the Jeremy Peace treatment and refuse to discuss a price. Just keep rejecting immediately  :lol:

Isn't it scary how similar the two situations are with Bryson and Thorne? Only difference is that Bryson is one of the key pieces in our team and Thorne doesn't normally feature for WBA (although if they are to be believed, next season will be different)

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just heard Bryson of to burnley... 800k! This source of info is usually good...but never derby info before...

TRAGEDY IF IS......

We wouldn't sell him for 800k... We released a statement earlier today saying we wanted 2 million for him so it's unlikely the sum is as low as that.

We wouldn't sell him for 800k... We released a statement earlier today saying we wanted 2 million for him so it's unlikely the sum is as low as that.

When did we release a statement saying anything remotely like that?

*Burnley's local rag said we wanted £2million - we said we didn't have a valuation.

Just heard Bryson of to burnley... 800k! This source of info is usually good...but never derby info before...

TRAGEDY IF IS......

Come off it

So we have rejected a bid this morning and a few hours later, everything is agreed and he is off to Burnley

Get real, this ain't Football Manager

Think thats too low. No idea what price he should be , will depend on whether he wants to go, but £1.5 m would be too low.  

His value depends on how much Burnley and/or QPR (preferably both) want him.

TRAGEDY IF IS......

Waves to Valleyram's spare username

He'll end up sat on their bench and probably back at Championship level within two years.

He seems set to make the wrong choice imo. His best chance of regular Prem football is with us.

He won't fit their system like ours.

That's my bet anyway. No disrespect intended. Just my guess

£1.5-2m? You're all mad.

Burnley just earned themselves £90m+ yet they bid less than 1% for arguably or best player and we were one place behind them in the league.

If we'd have gone up instead of Burnley would we have been talking £1.5m for Trippier? No. We'd accept he's one of their best players and it would take £3m+ to get him and we'd probably urge the board to pay it.

We don't NEED to sell. We don't WANT to sell. He's going to be hard to replace. Their aren't many high energy 16 goal a season midfielders out there. Why should we be reasonable about it? He's an important player to us and selling him would weaken us at a time we' tree trying to strengthen. If Burnley want him then make them pay through the nose to get him. They'd do the same to us in our position.

Agree with all points other than -

We don't need to sell - How do you know we don't need to sell?  The average transfer kitty we've had over the past few seasons is around £2m and we've already bid the majority of that for Thorne.  Plus a lot of people who're assuming that the board will forget the last 5 seasons of careful FFP work and start spunking millions at the team are in for a shock.  We may push the boat out slightly to cover slightly higher wages but if we're serious about signing higher quality players one one or two may have to leave.

But you're right, £3m minimum before we even think of letting him go...

I hate Burnley. I just hate them.

They started being arrogant when we played them away this season, started slagging off Martin and for some reason praising Conor Sammon, and now this.

I will hate them forever for this if Bryson goes.

Although Bryson will always have my respect regardless. Great servant whatever happens.

He'll end up sat on their bench and probably back at Championship level within two years.

He seems set to make the wrong choice imo. His best chance of regular Prem football is with us.

He won't fit their system like ours.

That's my bet anyway. No disrespect intended. Just my guess

Not being disrespectful.  He didn't perform to anywhere this season's standard when he was lumped into the middle of Nigel's dull 4-4-2.  He doesn't have the passing range to control a game in that system and with having to cover his defensive duties more often he isn't as much of a goal threat either, despite his incredible engine...

Dunno what you lot are panicking about.

At this stage, I feel like we're more likely to start the season with Bryson AND Thorne than we are with neither of them, and we'll definitely have at least one of them.

Calm down, dears.

Agree with all points other than -

We don't need to sell - How do you know we don't need to sell?  The average transfer kitty we've had over the past few seasons is around £2m and we've already bid the majority of that for Thorne.  Plus a lot of people who're assuming that the board will forget the last 5 seasons of careful FFP work and start spunking millions at the team are in for a shock.  We may push the boat out slightly to cover slightly higher wages but if we're serious about signing higher quality players one one or two may have to leave.

By 'don't need to sell' people mean we either don't have any financial pressure to sell (bank demanding payments, struggling to pay players wages etc), or there's is no contract issue with the player (i.e. we don't need to move him on before he leaves on a free).  So we don't (barring some major financial catastrophe going in the background that we're all unaware of) need to sell.  Whether we feel that we can strengthen the squad overall by selling Bryson and reinvesting is a different matter.

Archived