Burnley and QPR attempts to sign Craig Bryson

Jenkinson

Im just saying what I have been told and thats what I was told about Bryson...i'm sure if he stays he will do his best similar to the Thorne situation really only Bryson hasnt gone public.

With regards McCormack that was my personal opinion and for us as a club to state our interest in him shows me that we are willing to pay a decent price as Leeds said 5m in January so if we get funds in it would all help towards buying him and I think the longer the window goes we will see that Leeds wont get much more than 5m for him I think it will be down to who pays the largest first installment of the fee.

Bryson, to me, seems like a consummate professional. His situation is nothing like Thorne's given that he is a first team regular whereas Thorne is an afterthought at WBA.

With McCormack, Cellino won't sell to a championship club this summer; I truly believe this.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would have thought that bryson would jump at the chance of premiership football and wages if the option is there. Given his age, his time is running out to get there, his profile has never been so high and I'm not sure he will even be guaranteed a start next season at Derby. It would come as no surprise to me if he wanted out. And good luck to him by the way, he has earned his chance.

This is absolutely bang on!

except we haven't

Quotes from the Derby Telegraph...

Derby are also monitoring Leeds United star Ross McCormack as McClaren looks to build on last season’s success.

Derby County target Ross McCormack should stay, says Leeds United owner Massimo Cellino

Ross McCormack is interesting several clubs, Derby County included.

McCormack has been widely linked with a move away from Elland Road this summer, with Derby County among the interested parties.

Our interest in players is not normally in the Telegraph if there is no interest...normally it is quickly dismissed.

Quotes from the Derby Telegraph...

Derby are also monitoring Leeds United star Ross McCormack as McClaren looks to build on last season’s success.

Derby County target Ross McCormack should stay, says Leeds United owner Massimo Cellino

Ross McCormack is interesting several clubs, Derby County included.

McCormack has been widely linked with a move away from Elland Road this summer, with Derby County among the interested parties.

Our interest in players is not normally in the Telegraph if there is no interest...normally it is quickly dismissed.

That's as maybe, but it still doesn't count as 'the club declaring their interest'

That's as maybe, but it still doesn't count as 'the club declaring their interest'

If the telegraph is saying we are interested in my opinion we are interested so for us to be interested we knew the price Leeds were wanting for him

Would have thought that bryson would jump at the chance of premiership football and wages if the option is there. Given his age, his time is running out to get there, his profile has never been so high and I'm not sure he will even be guaranteed a start next season at Derby. It would come as no surprise to me if he wanted out. And good luck to him by the way, he has earned his chance.

The only thing wrong with this is the wages.

Burnley probably won't pay more than £12,000 which, if we wanted to, we could match. They had (Not sure if they still have) a £15k wage cap. Nixon doesn't believe we have any kind of budget and our players are on peanuts whereas, in reality, are players are probably earning more than Burnley's.

Our first 11 are on £8-10k and Bryson has a case for being one of the top earners at the club.

I think we're all getting ahead of ourselves, Stevie's first comments after the po final was that it's imperative to keep this squad together for next season, he's certainly not going to let the top scoring midfielder in the champ sod off unless Bryson really really wants to go. At the end of the day it's only bloody Burnley, not Chelsea who are in for him, they will be back down here soon. Bryson's not stupid and he seems a downt to earth bloke, he must realise next season could be massive for us and he will play a major part, or he can sit on the bench and make the odd sub appearance whilst Burnley are getting spanked week in week out in the Pl and he's back to where he started a season later. I'm sure they will sit him down, offer him a new contract, get him a battered mars bar and all will be well. I think we're just so used to Derby letting our prized assets go so easily, we're run better than that now. I am certain Bryson will be with us next season. . . Unless Celtic come in for him. . .

I think we're all getting ahead of ourselves, Stevie's first comments after the po final was that it's imperative to keep this squad together for next season, he's certainly not going to let the top scoring midfielder in the champ sod off unless Bryson really really wants to go. At the end of the day it's only bloody Burnley, not Chelsea who are in for him, they will be back down here soon. Bryson's not stupid and he seems a downt to earth bloke, he must realise next season could be massive for us and he will play a major part, or he can sit on the bench and make the odd sub appearance whilst Burnley are getting spanked week in week out in the Pl and he's back to where he started a season later. I'm sure they will sit him down, offer him a new contract, get him a battered mars bar and all will be well. I think we're just so used to Derby letting our prized assets go so easily, we're run better than that now. I am certain Bryson will be with us next season. . . Unless Celtic come in for him. . .

Just to look at it from another angle, Bryson believes that in a single season in the prem with Burnley he can earn himself a move to a established prem team, like Newcastle or Villa, and sees Burnley as a good stepping stone.

Why's that?.

He would be the 1st player on my team sheet mate. 16 goals from a midfielder and runs his heart out every single game!!.

I can't argue with 16 goals last season, absolutely brilliant performance. However, I think that will be a one off and don't expect the same next season.

If (a big if) we get Thorne, I expect that he, Hughes and hendrick will all be slightly better than they were last season as they continue to improve. Bryson is likely to remain the same with less goals and I think the others will just be better.

I would be delighted if he stays as he is a good player, but not the first name on my team sheet.

I agree that Bryson almost certainly won't get 16 goals again. Assuming we use him in the same way, and he plays most of the season, I'd expect him to be just about edging into double figures. As much as I love Hendrick and Hughes as players, Bryson is the only one of them that regularly makes runs around and beyond Martin, and that is a vital part of the way we play, otherwise Martin gets very isolated. If Bryson leaves, we need to get someone else in who will do that.

I can't argue with 16 goals last season, absolutely brilliant performance. However, I think that will be a one off and don't expect the same next season.

If (a big if) we get Thorne, I expect that he, Hughes and hendrick will all be slightly better than they were last season as they continue to improve. Bryson is likely to remain the same with less goals and I think the others will just be better.

I would be delighted if he stays as he is a good player, but not the first name on my team sheet.

Again I agree with this, Hughes and Gendrick are gonna be wanting first team football now or they'll be off.

The only thing wrong with this is the wages.

Burnley probably won't pay more than £12,000 which, if we wanted to, we could match. They had (Not sure if they still have) a £15k wage cap. Nixon doesn't believe we have any kind of budget and our players are on peanuts whereas, in reality, are players are probably earning more than Burnley's.

Our first 11 are on £8-10k and Bryson has a case for being one of the top earners at the club.

I can't claim to know what we Bryson but it isn't only nixon who says we pay peanuts.

You may be right of course but even if you are, let's say he only(!) earns £4k a week more, On a 3 year deal, that is over £1/2 million he misses out on. That is a lot of money to pass up on, especially when his career will be in significant decline after those 3 years.

If Bryson wants out, let him. Obviously within reason in terms of price. (not that I believe the poster, I'm just speaking hypothetically)

If Bryson is worth £5million, then what's Thorne worth? It's all a bit silly. I'd honestly find out how much West Brom will accept for Thorne and then that would be the asking price for Bryson.

Given a choice between Thorne and Bryson, it's such a none contest. I guess others will feel different, mind.

Archived