Umbro - New Kit

New Kit  

270 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm liking it more seeing it in full on Dawkins, I'm going to say it despite my early thoughts on Sports Direct bargain basket Umbro......probably the best kit we've had for years

Definitely the best I can remember, brilliant shirt.

I'm going to get it I think, although I end up wearing them to one or two games early in the year then don't bother for the rest of the season - so, I don't know whether there is much point. 

Very modest, understated kit. I like it, especially the GK shirt. Don't mind the red sponsor either. The material of the Kappa kits put me right off. This looks better quality.

We won't really understand the brilliance of this retro/simple kit until 10 or maybe 20 years time when we are all looking back at photos of Bryso and George holding aloft the championship trophy while wiping away a tear and thinking "thems were the days. What a team, what a kit"

Surely no where near as bad as buymobiles though?

I really liked last years shirt(the home shirt), especially the collar, i think buymobiles looks better as it didnt stand out as much, a bit of blue and mobiles was actually in black, if just eat wasnt bright red and made to stand out so much i wouldnt have as much of a problem :(

Edit: only just seen the middle part of the "A" is actually a mouse pointer......hmmmmm just made it even worse, i know it's only something little but it really does makes it worse.

Pretty crappy.

Red sponsor is a no no, so much for Vicars stating its black eh?

Deluded to pay 45 quid for a training top, with just eats mickey mouse logo ironed on.

Why? 

1893 - we played in red and white.

1970 - our third kit was red.

1977 - SAAB sponsorship - red logo. Never worn in a competitive match because it broke league and television rules, but it most definitely existed.

1978 - our third kit was red and white.

1981 - Patrick sponsorship - red logo.

1984 - Bass sponsorship - red logo.

1987 - Sportsweek sponsorship - red and gold logo.

1988 - BPCC sponsorship - red logo

1989 - Maxwell sponsorship - red logo

1992 - Auto Windscreens sponsorship - red logo.

2001 - Marstons Pedigree sponsorship - red logo

Those aren't isolated years - they are the years that our new sponsors started. Red for the logo has been the norm for most of the time we have had on-shirt sponsorship.

The least said about this utter 'we cannot have red on our shirts' bilge the better. Don't get me started on red numbers.

Does this kit for the first time in years epitomise Derby County Football Club?

Still not saying I am a great fan of it... as like something with a bit more to it... but if you had to describe our club 'uniform' to a blind person - this kit would be the image they put in their head... so does that makes it the ultimate kit?

My god... even I can talk myself into anything.

Archived