At the ground today..........

uttoxram75

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've got a bit of the old pitch at home. Brighton home leg, had a saunter onto the pitch at the end and idly plucked at a blade or two in the NE corner quadrant which came away in a decent little clump - which went home in my pocket and got stuck in a plant pot. Thriving.  :D

I've got a bit of the old pitch at home. Brighton home leg, had a saunter onto the pitch at the end and idly plucked at a blade or two in the NE corner quadrant which came away in a decent little clump - which went home in my pocket and got stuck in a plant pot. Thriving.  :D

me too :D

I heard somewhere the other day that these new pitches get re grassed every year and a complete make over every 4, is that right? 

If so is this a re grass or a new pitch

I read/heard/saw/something that a couple of years ago they totally redid the pitch, drainage, under soil heating, water sprinklers and everything. Dug about 6 foot down to put everything in, must have cost a bob or two.

edit  - couldn't find what I was trying to find about the above, but did find this nice article/interview with the head groundsman.

"What's more, the technology we have access to at the stadium, including undersoil heating and lighting rigs, which are constructed from confiscated equipment seized by local police and built by the team; means that the pitch looks and plays great throughout the year."

http://www.pitchcare.com/magazine/pride-park-and-britannia-stadium-pitches-look-as-good-as-new.html

Nice to see we take advantage of those growing drugs in their spare room...

Archived