Who would you sign at RB?

Derbados

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What happened to that Coventry right back who everyone was looking at last summer?

Anyway for me if Brayford was to come back I'd like to see him converted into a ball playing centre back. He's got the attributes needed including pace which has been missing from central defence. Though I won't be fussed if we don't sign him, I feel like we replaced him adequately this season with a centre back...speaks volumes

Wisdom brought more defensive stability to the side and his replacement, if that's what it comes to, needs to be a similar type of player. Forsyth is the attacking outlet and fits that role more than adequately.

Did we not just lose the playoff final because of our defensive inadequacies?

As a defender first and foremost, Brayford leaves a lot to be desired.

There's a reason why not just one but two more than capable managers didn't want him anywhere near their side.

Nonsense

We reached our best points total EVER, and it wasn't enough. JB wouldn't have made the difference.

I think he would.

How many points did we drop when we had Smith?

I think your all to quick to dismiss Andre Wisdom not coming back. In todays papers McClaren says he would like to keep Wisdom, Bamford and Thorne. Players have to back to there clubs first.

Do you think Wisdom will get a chance in Liverpools team? I for one do not think he will, so hopefully we will get first chance on buying or loaning back to man mountain

I know he has to go back to his parent club, but it doesn't sound like he will be back:

@andrewisdom47x: Would like to than Derby for everything these past 7months I appreciate what the club has done for me also the staff and fans loved every minute the support you have shown me, but would like to say thanks to the players what a great bunch ov men they are gained some good friends, all the best next season nuff love x

But at the same would be liable to leave gaping holes in the defence. I love the lad (especially his beard) but his defending can be slack at times...

This is one of those odd myths that seems to have propagated this season. Brayford was strong on the attack, but was mighty solid in defense, and was about as good at centrehalf as he was at rightback. He was a defender who could attack, not an attacker who could defend (like Forsyth). He was for years our best defender, and on top of that could attack, that's what made him so important to the side.

Wisdom might be a better defender (although I'm not sure how much of that is up to appearance from the midfield he had in front of him), but Brayford was at worst not far better, and better going forward. Personally I would really like to see Brayford back, but I doubt it'll happen.

It's stunning how quickly opinions change though. One year ago Brayford was the best right back in the Championship and losing him would be unthinkable and land us in the bottom 6. Now some wouldn't even want him back. Madness!

I imagine all the loanees will meet with their respective managers in the next week or so. If Rodgers kicks off the conversation with, "We've accepted an offer from Derby and I think it'd be a great move for you," then it may put a slightly different perspective on things. Can't expect the player to come out and say he wants to join a smaller club - he'll say he wants to stay as long as he feels there's a chance he'll break through.

That said, I don't think we'll get him unless it's on another loan.

This is one of those odd myths that seems to have propagated this season. Brayford was strong on the attack, but was mighty solid in defense, and was about as good at centrehalf as he was at rightback. He was a defender who could attack, not an attacker who could defend (like Forsyth). He was for years our best defender, and on top of that could attack, that's what made him so important to the side.

Wisdom might be a better defender (although I'm not sure how much of that is up to appearance from the midfield he had in front of him), but Brayford was at worst not far better, and better going forward. Personally I would really like to see Brayford back, but I doubt it'll happen.

It's stunning how quickly opinions change though. One year ago Brayford was the best right back in the Championship and losing him would be unthinkable and land us in the bottom 6. Now some wouldn't even want him back. Madness!

Just moved on to be honest. Brayford made his bed.

I think we need to balance the signings of the right back and holding midfielder out. We need either; a defensive midfielder and a swashbuckling right back or a deep-playmaker and a steady right back.

If it's the latter maybe instead of signing a right back we should get a mobile centre half and stick him at right back?

Archived