Who would you sign at RB?

Derbados

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We need to keep the balance we've had in terms of one fullback attacking and one fullback defending.

Steven Reid? Billy Jones?

I'd have liked James Tavernier from Rotherham to be honest, he looked like a great player yesterday. But with them now in the Championship, it might be difficult to persuade him to leave and they'd be reluctant to sell.

We need to keep the balance we've had in terms of one fullback attacking and one fullback defending.

I'd have liked James Tavernier from Rotherham to be honest, he looked like a great player yesterday. But with them now in the Championship, it might be difficult to persuade him to leave and they'd be reluctant to sell.

Isn't he on loan from Newcastle? He's a really good player.

Does not play for Rotherham. On loan from Newcastle.

If we can't get anyone in for whatever reason, Freeman's not that bad. Looked similar to Forsyth at the start of the season and I think with a bit more confidence he could improve quite a lot. But would prefer a new RB.

If we can't get anyone in for whatever reason, Freeman's not that bad. Looked similar to Forsyth at the start of the season and I think with a bit more confidence he could improve quite a lot. But would prefer a new RB.

Comparing Wisdom and Freeman makes me shudder, no offence to the lad but he's nowhere near the caliber and pedigree of Wisdom. If we're serious about top two next season, we need to replace quality with quality, not take a step back 

Comparing Wisdom and Freeman makes me shudder, no offence to the lad but he's nowhere near the caliber and pedigree of Wisdom. If we're serious about top two next season, we need to replace quality with quality, not take a step back

Absolutely nailed on.

No, you're right. Freeman is nowhere near as good as Wisdom right now. But with game time and good coaching I think he could really improve. But I'd rather a new right back, or Wisdom back on loan (seems very unlikely atm).

John Brayford would thrive in this attacking team

I wholeheartedly agree, however the shape of our team would suffer.

When we played Eustace as a DM, both fullbacks had more licence to push forward as Eustace would drop back, Keogh and Bucko would each move 10 yards wider and that would create the temporary back 3.

However, if we're playing Thorne (or similar), he is much more mobile than Eustace and tends to push higher up himself when we're attacking. Having Brayford, Forsyth AND Thorne in attacking positions would leave only two at the back.

In my humble opinion, that's why we didn't see Wisdom driving forward as much - it freed Thorne up to move forward and join the attack and still left us with a solid back 3.

Luke Ayling is out of contract, one of the most impressive performances I saw last season was by him in our 3-0 win. Which sounds odd, but I believe in a good team he would really shine.

http://www.ytfc.net/news/article/20140504-awards-1528333.aspx

Completely different to Wisdom. He is more a 'Brayford' type defender. 

I'd sign him, along with another right-back and be happy. He is a gamble, but I think one that would pay-off. 

There is also Sam Byram, who I think could go on to play for England; However, his mismanagement at Leeds over the past 12-months has been nothing short of shocking. He'd need a full pre-season and could need treatment for his injury and he'd cost a bit. 

Archived