Who would you sign at RB?

Derbados

I imagine all the loanees will meet with their respective managers in the next week or so. If Rodgers kicks off the conversation with, "We've accepted an offer from Derby and I think it'd be a great move for you," then it may put a slightly different perspective on things. Can't expect the player to come out and say he wants to join a smaller club - he'll say he wants to stay as long as he feels there's a chance he'll break through.

That said, I don't think we'll get him unless it's on another loan.

Well he did let Shelvey leave. Liverpool will definitely be strengthening their defense. They will need a boost for the champions league but also it was noted that Liverpool's defense cost them the title. They let far too many goals in. Brendan Rodgers will be perhaps looking at allowing him to move on. I just hope he realizes how good he has got it with us. 

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I imagine all the loanees will meet with their respective managers in the next week or so. If Rodgers kicks off the conversation with, "We've accepted an offer from Derby and I think it'd be a great move for you," then it may put a slightly different perspective on things. Can't expect the player to come out and say he wants to join a smaller club - he'll say he wants to stay as long as he feels there's a chance he'll break through.

IF and I say if, the newspapers are to believed then Liverpool don't appear to be looking at Wisdom to replace Glen Johnston are right back. The latest links them with Clyne from Southampton - hope for oncethe papers have got it right!

Well he did let Shelvey leave. Liverpool will definitely be strengthening their defense. They will need a boost for the champions league but also it was noted that Liverpool's defense cost them the title. They let far too many goals in. Brendan Rodgers will be perhaps looking at allowing him to move on. I just hope he realizes how good he has got it with us. 

The fee could be the problem. I could see plenty of clubs being prepared to pay at least £2m for him, which would probably rule us out. Re-loaning him (if he's kept on) might be the only option, we'll have to see.

The fee could be the problem. I could see plenty of clubs being prepared to pay at least £2m for him, which would probably rule us out. Re-loaning him (if he's kept on) might be the only option, we'll have to see.

I'm not to sure. We got £3m from Saturday. and approx £2m against Brighton and Chelsea combined. Then we have the IPRO stadium deal. I am assuming Just Eat paid more to sponsor us than buymobiles and season ticket prices have gone up while so have attendances and will continue to do so next season. We have perhaps got more money to spend than people keep assuming, myself included. 

Why all the Brayford hate? He wasn't "all eager to leave", the club got a good offer, and he was given the chance to play Premiership football. I don't see why anyone would hold that against him. By the time he was an option again, we have other players in his position, I really don't get why anyone would be annoyed at him.

I seriously doubt we'll go in for him, I just think he could do the job we need. We'll just have to wait and see what the club does though.

Ermmmmmmmmmm

I still miss Clough's glorious growlsong.

Why all the Brayford hate? He wasn't "all eager to leave", the club got a good offer, and he was given the chance to play Premiership football. I don't see why anyone would hold that against him. By the time he was an option again, we have other players in his position, I really don't get why anyone would be annoyed at him.

I seriously doubt we'll go in for him, I just think he could do the job we need. We'll just have to wait and see what the club does though.

I still miss Clough's glorious growlsong.

Don't think it's hate Albert, just that we can do better than him nowadays and attract a better calibre of player nowadays. Always believe in never going back. Mind you saying that, Eustace was nice to have

I'm not to sure. We got £3m from Saturday. and approx £2m against Brighton and Chelsea combined. Then we have the IPRO stadium deal. I am assuming Just Eat paid more to sponsor us than buymobiles and season ticket prices have gone up while so have attendances and will continue to do so next season. We have perhaps got more money to spend than people keep assuming, myself included. 

Let's hope so. Even if there's a revenue shortfall, if ever there was a time to invest heavily it's now. If we can reassemble last year's squad and add a good centre-half, we'll walk the division.

Don't think it's hate Albert, just that we can do better than him nowadays and attract a better calibre of player nowadays. Always believe in never going back. Mind you saying that, Eustace was nice to have

Grant's not been too bad a returning player either

This is one of those odd myths that seems to have propagated this season. Brayford was strong on the attack, but was mighty solid in defense, and was about as good at centrehalf as he was at rightback. He was a defender who could attack, not an attacker who could defend (like Forsyth). He was for years our best defender, and on top of that could attack, that's what made him so important to the side.

Wisdom might be a better defender (although I'm not sure how much of that is up to appearance from the midfield he had in front of him), but Brayford was at worst not far better, and better going forward. Personally I would really like to see Brayford back, but I doubt it'll happen.

It's stunning how quickly opinions change though. One year ago Brayford was the best right back in the Championship and losing him would be unthinkable and land us in the bottom 6. Now some wouldn't even want him back. Madness!

I always thought he was a little flaky with his marking. 95% of the time he was solid but there were plenty of occasions where he's be caught out of position or was done by a winger

Thing is... WBA don't have a manager. Could work for or against us, as they may wait until an appointment before selling players. Can remember Barnsley doing the same with Shackell.

Archived