Summer Transfer Thread

Day

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sunderland to sign Wigan's Jordi Gomez, three-year deal on a free transfer.

And so it begins...

Exactly what I thought.

Would love to see them plundered during the Summer. 

Also, surely someone like Leicester or Burnley should take a punt on Jordan Rhodes. Blackburn getting raided as well would be good for us.

Exactly what I thought.

Would love to see them plundered during the Summer. 

Also, surely someone like Leicester or Burnley should take a punt on Jordan Rhodes. Blackburn getting raided as well would be good for us.

Yep, I can see quite a few teams getting worse this summer.

Especially those with parachute payments who failed to make to go back up - Wigan, Reading, Bolton and Blackburn spring to mind.

Derby really could take advantage of next season.

Yep, I can see quite a few teams getting worse this summer.

Especially those with parachute payments who failed to make to go back up - Wigan, Reading, Bolton and Blackburn spring to mind.

Derby really could take advantage of next season.

I've already written Bolton off - they'll go precisely nowhere under Freedman. 

Reading - sell Pogwhateverhisnameis, and they'll be fooked. Looks like they're shaping up for a stay in the Championship - selling their better players, and likely looking to the lower leagues again, or Ireland, like they did the last time they were building a side from scratch. Blackburn, without Rhodes' goals, are half a team. Wigan - I doubt that they can afford another crack at it with the squad they had this year - hence the likes of Gomez being sold already. Can see more following him out of the door. 

Think you're right Bris - if we can retain our squad at least, preferably add more depth to it as well, think we have a great chance next season.

Jordi Gomez is not the kind of player Uwe Rosler likes though, is it?

Rosler is gonna be looking for hoofers and thugs, they're gonna be the most hated team in the championship. That kinda strategy gets you promoted out of this league. Sad but true.

Matt Derbyshire signed for Rotherham.

Hat-trick against Forest next season, getting on the end of those Ben Pringle crosses and through-balls?

Archived