A massive well done

jimbobram

Just want to say that I am so proud of the team this season. Every single one of them has given everything and more. Including loanees. Regardless of the outcome of today's match, the lads were brilliant especially second half and even now, I can't see how we have lost that game. we were all over them. 

Keogh made an error which cost us but I don't think one single person is going to hold that against him because he, and Bucko, have been magnificent this season.

Proud to be a Derby fan, and love what's going on at the moment. I just hope we can keep all of them and push on again next season

WELL DONE BOYS !!!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well done indeed to each and every Derby player in an incredible season.

Also...if it HAD gone to a penalty shoot-out how many would we have got past Green on the form he showed today?

At least we lost legitimately and one of the teams had to!

It doesn't detract from us coming 3rd with a massive 85 points and scoring the most goals in our division!

As the Bald Eagle said before the play-offs which we lost to Leicester. "We all know the terms and conditions before the season starts".

Family and I did a prediction at the beginning of the season (top, bottom and where we would finish). None of us predicted higher than 7th for us. Unexpected is definitely how I'd describe this season!

The lads have done us so proud regardless of the result.

Gutted for the players more than myself. I will be around long enough to see plenty more promotions but THIS side THIS season really deserved to go up, and no matter what happens next season, this season with the current group of players will always be the one that got away.

They can put it right next season if they really want to. They're good enough.

Hoping this doesn't give us a hangover for the start of next season.

It can go one of two ways;

1- Leicester kept all their important players and added a few shrewd signings to go up

2- Watford lost a lot of important players and slid back into mid table.

Every player can hold their heads high after such an incredible season. I have never liked a bunch of players so much. I'd honestly be gutted if anyone of the regulars were to leave.

When people say 'footballers don't care', they only have to look back at Richard Keogh yesterday.

I don't think we have to worry about our lads not caring because you can see the passion each of them have for the game. I think the special thing with that group of players is that they are all friends they don't want to let each other down which makes the team even stronger. Yesterday was an experience that they will not want to feel again and i'm sure they will get what they deserve next season. Just hope we can keep them all together. 

Hoping this doesn't give us a hangover for the start of next season.

It can go one of two ways;

1- Leicester kept all their important players and added a few shrewd signings to go up

2- Watford lost a lot of important players and slid back into mid table.

Every player can hold their heads high after such an incredible season. I have never liked a bunch of players so much. I'd honestly be gutted if anyone of the regulars were to leave.

With Watford, it ws as much what was going on behind the scenes. Udinese, maybe, but dont think they will threaten again as long as the owners run the club as they are. 

I see no reason why you shouldnt replicate Leics. In fact I think you have a far better manager. Leics have had some good fortune at times this season... more penalties than others (though fair to argue that those have to earned). They certainly didnt impress me in the way that Derby have under Mac.

Have fingers crossed that you can hold on to that squad and you get teh auto you deserve next year

I'm probably more proud of being a Derby fan after yesterday than I have ever been, the fans, the team and the way we took it. Proper.

Exactly where I am. Couldn't have written it better myself.

Our support on the day, the 31st minute's applause for Colin Bloomfield, the class shown by our players & boss to the winners on the day despite being so obviously devastated - it'll all stay with me. Different class Derby.

I can see us doing a leicester. Some say there may be a hangover from yesterday but I'd say the disappointment leicester felt last year must have been greater than what we felt yesterday. We never really had a clear chance to score...but Leicester had a penalty in the last minute (granted it was in the semis).

Their players were gutted...and look what they did this season. We will do the same.

I told my mate before the game that whatever the result we were staying at the end to pay our respects to a team that have given us so much to be proud of this season and that's exactly what we did. As has been said, with the applause for Bloomers on 31 mins, the singing and the black & white flags flying I have never been more proud to be a Rams fan. We are a club on the up and as long as the board back Steve properly and the squad stays together we will smash the Championship next season COYRS!

I told my mate before the game that whatever the result we were staying at the end to pay our respects to a team that have given us so much to be proud of this season and that's exactly what we did. As has been said, with the applause for Bloomers on 31 mins, the singing and the black & white flags flying I have never been more proud to be a Rams fan. We are a club on the up and as long as the board back Steve properly and the squad stays together we will smash the Championship next season COYRS!

We were going to stay after the game to applaud the players if they came over to us but when the whistle went, I stormed out of the stadium. Seeing the QPR celebrations- as much as they were well within their rights to celebrate- would have made me sick to my stomach. Just wanted to get away. I'm sure the players would understand. Tweeted all of them that are on Twitter telling them my pride even in the face of disappointment.

We were going to stay after the game to applaud the players if they came over to us but when the whistle went, I stormed out of the stadium. Seeing the QPR celebrations- as much as they were well within their rights to celebrate- would have made me sick to my stomach. Just wanted to get away. I'm sure the players would understand. Tweeted all of them that are on Twitter telling them my pride even in the face of disappointment.

The sight of the QPR end was so f*cking sickening.

'the biggest miscarriage of justice in post war Britain'

Archived