Okay, now finish the job

Albert

We could talk for years about what happened at Wembley. We could talk about luck, the footballing gods, even try and play a blame game, but instead, let's look at this another way. As a side Derby scored the most in the league this season, and have played teams off the park on numerous occasions. We saw a young and impressive midfield play some of the best football we've seen at Pride Park, and we've seen in all after a mediocre start to the season at the best.

So, rather than dwell on what happened today, I would instead ask something of the players, who will understandably be hurting: Come back and finish the job next year. Come back and fight for what this team is, come and make a name as a group of players playing great football, and come and take on the Premier League in 2015-16.

To the likes of Hughes and Bryson who might think about moving on to something "bigger", what could be bigger than pushing into the Premier League, and creating a true legacy? Come back and finish the job.

To the likes of Thorne, Wisdom and Bamford, look at what you've achieved in your career this season, look at the system and management of McClaren and what it has done for you. Come back and finish the job.

To all of our magnificent players this season, look at what you have achieved, look at how you have done it, and look at what you could go on and do next season. Come back and finish the job.

It won't be easy, but if the side pulls together as a unit, and does as they have this season, they can come back and finish the job.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is a troll?

I have supported Derby since 1968 (asfar as i am aware) and show my feelings,

But being negative is apparently not allowed,

Surprising that so quickly after the game, mods are on these forums acting like god, was this pre-meditated i wonder?

You sad person

Just coz i am negative doesnt mean i support forest

I bet i have been to more derby games than you ever will

Typical this, slag derby off and automatically you are a forest fan.

How much are you being paid to be on these forums today just in case we lose?

Dont want bad publicity now do we?

We could talk for years about what happened at Wembley. We could talk about luck, the footballing gods, even try and play a blame game, but instead, let's look at this another way. As a side Derby scored the most in the league this season, and have played teams off the park on numerous occasions. We saw a young and impressive midfield play some of the best football we've seen at Pride Park, and we've seen in all after a mediocre start to the season at the best.

So, rather than dwell on what happened today, I would instead ask something of the players, who will understandably be hurting: Come back and finish the job next year. Come back and fight for what this team is, come and make a name as a group of players playing great football, and come and take on the Premier League in 2015-16.

To the likes of Hughes and Bryson who might think about moving on to something "bigger", what could be bigger than pushing into the Premier League, and creating a true legacy? Come back and finish the job.

To the likes of Thorne, Wisdom and Bamford, look at what you've achieved in your career this season, look at the system and management of McClaren and what it has done for you. Come back and finish the job.

To all of our magnificent players this season, look at what you have achieved, look at how you have done it, and look at what you could go on and do next season. Come back and finish the job.

It won't be easy, but if the side pulls together as a unit, and does as they have this season, they can come back and finish the job.

Excellent post. If we keep the same XI that started today and add a couple more players, we will win the Championship next season.

Save your negativity for tomorrow.

Today I'm dealing with delighted reds who couldn't wait for this result. Sounds like you are just as keen as they are to post ****.

Ok?

Why would florest fans be happy about this ? Now we keep stealing six points from them in the future too.

Let Kypros post his negatives then? Let's see the ******.

"I've been going to games 500 years" or whatever.

Good then you'll see what we have. If you can't recognise that then you could watch another 50 years worth of games and still know **** all.

Negatives about this season? THIS SEASON?

**** off

This is the thing, if this squad can stay together, they will be a force next season. The team that will go down in the history books as being the "third best" for going to the Premier League from this season were played off the park for 90 minutes.

Thorne in particular is someone who would have a lot to gain joining us permanently, as would Hughes and Bryson for staying. Whilst he has looked class on loan with us, from what I've seen this has largely been helped by us having a system that fits him like a glove. If he, Hughes, Hendrick and Bryson stay for next season, the side will have the best midfield in the league, some pacey wingers, a 20 goal a season striker and a solid defence and experienced goalkeeper behind them.

It's be interesting to see what happens this off season, but the players should see the potential to be part of something special here, because if this side stays together, they aren't just capable of winning promotion next season, but beyond that they could not only cement themselves in the top flight, but push on as a serious contender for Europe in the years to come.

If we do nothing more than keep the players we have for next season, I'll consider that far better progress than buying 20 players for 'barker type fees'.

Which reminds me, we might even be getting barker back next season. And coutts.

My only caveat is that we could do with cover in certain areas. But if we can keep the 14 that played today, I'll be ecstatic.

I wait impatiently to, hopefully, hear absolutely no interesting transfer news during the summer.

Serious contender for Europe really? Been drinking today

Not really. Europe isn't a massive deal at all.

Stoke were in it a couple of seasons back, Swansea were in it this season, Hull will be in it next season. If we're not aiming for that, then let's just pack it all in now.

Not really. Europe isn't a massive deal at all.

Stoke were in it a couple of seasons back, Swansea were in it this season, Hull will be in it next season. If we're not aiming for that, then let's just pack it all in now.

All the teams mentioned have got into Europe through cup competitions, read Alberts post properly and it's says cement our place in top flight and challenge for Europe ie top 6.

Archived