Free kicks and corners

sage

Our delivery from corners and wide free kicks is one of the weakest parts of our gane. Bryson, Ward, Russell and Hughes have all had a go.

I'd quite like to see Thorne have a go. Technically a great striker of the ball and would like to see him whip some balls into the box (ooer) at Wembley.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Corners do take a very good amount of skill to put a good ball in. To keep the pace and keep it flat enough to attack, and of course the accuracy. Think Ward has improved in the later part of the season, think Hughes has the most potential but he doesn't hit it with enough pace. 

Would personally just keep getting ward to do it as he's useless on the edge of the box and in the box from corners! 

I saw a stat somewhere once about the number of goals scored from corners in the highest levels of football. It was like in response to all fans thinking their teams are pants at set pieces.

Still, I hate Ward taking anything.

Top goal scorers in the league, I don't mind if we are duff at set pieces, score anymore and they will have to widen the for column on the table for us

I know you said that tongue in cheek, but (in all competitions) we are actually only 2 goals away from hitting the 100 mark!

Loads of times I've heard

"Argh! He's hit the first man again!!!"

As the ball floats over the first attacker and defender and is cleared away by the defender at the front of the pack.

Every time a ball is cleared "gotta beat the first man".

Dont think it's all down to the delivery, we are just v not the biggest side when it comes to set pieces.

Just adapt our play like Barcelona and keep the ball instead of tossing it in, also Thorne is our dm, not only has he scored a couole from edge of area, but his job is to get back and break up and counter attacks. It's not as easy to do that from the corner flag. ....

Dont think it's all down to the delivery, we are just v not the biggest side when it comes to set pieces.

Just adapt our play like Barcelona and keep the ball instead of tossing it in, also Thorne is our dm, not only has he scored a couole from edge of area, but his job is to get back and break up and counter attacks. It's not as easy to do that from the corner flag. ....

You'd have thought that we weren't the tallest, but actually, 9 of the starting 11 against Brighton were 6foot or more.

I saw a stat somewhere once about the number of goals scored from corners in the highest levels of football. It was like in response to all fans thinking their teams are pants at set pieces.

Still, I hate Ward taking anything.

You probably meant the post I put here.

It was from the book called Number Games

Archived