Craig Gardner

Ambitious

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2629819/Sunderland-run-rule-Exeter-City-starlet-Matt-Grimes.html

Craig Gardner has left the club after his contract expired with West Brom, Leicester and Derby County interested in his signature.

Sunderland may also lose midfielders Jack Colback and Seb Larsson, who are wanted by Premier League rivals, if they fail to match their wage demands.

I presume this accounts for promotion? I think he's a half-decent player mind. He has nearly 200 Premier League games under his belt too.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure why the article says anything about West Brom?

Good player, only 27, he made Subderland splash out £6 million to sign him so to pick him up on a free wouldn't be too bad. He'd do a decent job in helping us stay in the league.

Not sure why the article says anything about West Brom?

Good player, only 27, he made Subderland splash out £6 million to sign him so to pick him up on a free wouldn't be too bad. He'd do a decent job in helping us stay in the league.

It means West Brom are also interested, I believe. 

His brother Gary (Aston Villa) is also out of contract and if he is released I'd like us to have a look at him, a genuine talent, albeit a little held back over the past couple of years through injury. Just needs some game time and I think he will live up to his potential. As for Craig, would be a decent acquisition, but I worry about his wages. Would be nice to reunite the brothers though.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2629819/Sunderland-run-rule-Exeter-City-starlet-Matt-Grimes.html

Craig Gardner has left the club after his contract expired with West Brom, Leicester and Derby County interested in his signature.

Sunderland may also lose midfielders Jack Colback and Seb Larsson, who are wanted by Premier League rivals, if they fail to match their wage demands.

I presume this accounts for promotion? I think he's a half-decent player mind. He has nearly 200 Premier League games under his belt too.

Let West Brom have him. Gives us a better chance of getting Thorne permanently off them   ;)

Craig Gardner looks set to move back to his West Midlands roots. The Solihull native, who has previously played for both Aston Villa and Birmingham City, is poised to complete a move to West Bromwich Albion. The 27-year-old is a free agent after leavingSunderland - he fell out of favour under Gus Poyet and did not start a game for the Black Cats since the FA Cup fifth-round tie against Southampton in which he scored the only goal. 

[sky Sports]

Craig Gardner looks set to move back to his West Midlands roots. The Solihull native, who has previously played for both Aston Villa and Birmingham City, is poised to complete a move to West Bromwich Albion. The 27-year-old is a free agent after leavingSunderland - he fell out of favour under Gus Poyet and did not start a game for the Black Cats since the FA Cup fifth-round tie against Southampton in which he scored the only goal. 

[sky Sports]

Maybe, good news for us. Let's see how this plays out.

To be fair we have done well but surely someone who is pretty proven at the prem level as gardener may be a better player than Thorne, Hughes, Bryson and Hendrick who all are totally unproven at that level. Last time we went up people were saying how amazing Leacock, Bywater, jones etc were.

Just trying to look at it from the other side

To be fair we have done well but surely someone who is pretty proven at the prem level as gardener may be a better player than Thorne, Hughes, Bryson and Hendrick who all are totally unproven at that level. Last time we went up people were saying how amazing Leacock, Bywater, jones etc were.

Just trying to look at it from the other side

Totally different class of players for me. Leacock, Bywater, jones were decent players but I never thought they could be good prem players.

Thorne, Hughes, Bryson and Hendrick ooze class, i am confident those players would cut it in the prem. Look how they played against a strong chelsea side this season, I know we lost but there was enough there to make me believe they are good enough.

Totally different class of players for me. Leacock, Bywater, jones were decent players but I never thought they could be good prem players.

Thorne, Hughes, Bryson and Hendrick ooze class, i am confident those players would cut it in the prem. Look how they played against a strong chelsea side this season, I know we lost but there was enough there to make me believe they are good enough.

Well at the time you couldn't find many who weren't saying the same as you are about the current players now. Realistically they all are unlikely to be able to handle to step up. These players have a good run but haven't been a class above in the previous seasons

Well at the time you couldn't find many who weren't saying the same as you are about the current players now. Realistically they all are unlikely to be able to handle to step up. These players have a good run but haven't been a class above in the previous seasons

Bryson has been top draw since he arrived.

Hughes has been top draw since coming into the side.

Hendrick has had dips in form, but so has Rooney.

I'm not saying they are going to be prem superstars, but they don't need to be. As long as they are as good as anything stoke, wba, Sunderland etc have they will do well.

We won't be playing Man city, Arsenal etc every week.

Archived