Watching tonight?

LanguedocFox

Just curious: as a neutral I will be watching QPR v Wigan tonight, just as I watched the first leg, and both of Derby's matches. Will any of you be watching to see who you will be playing at Wembley, or are you all a bit "meh, whatever"?

Just interested

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If my internet holds up I'll be watching it. 

But it will no doubt be a horrific game of QPR playing a slow possession-based game whilst Wigan play physicalpercentage football with the odd spark or nice dribble from Jordi Gomes or Callum McManaman.

I'm certainly not anticipating a classic, much like the first-leg. Probably be a 1-1 draw a one goal win either way.

I'd love them both to go to penalties though and QPR's expensive flops lose in-front of their stuck up high-class suporters.

Rather face QPR. Fear their experience because I'm slightly nervous we could play a more cautious game as nerves get hold of us. They're too up their own arse and played infront of the entire world to feel the nerves of a 2nd tier promotion decider.

But if we play with our carefree style then we'll beat QPR. We're quicker and hungrier.

Wigan have some superb players. Match winners and some experience of occasions

Not much between them though. I think we should be going there as favourites.

I'd rather play Wigan. They beat us playing extremely negative long ball football and won't play like that at Wembley. I think we're better than them.

I'm scared of Charlie Austin and Ravel Morrison for QPR. I can also see Last of the Mohicans Joey Barton having a worldie and getting Chris Martin sent off somehow, perhaps involving kung fu.

A view from the QPR side;

Simple fact of the matter is that provided we get through tomorrow night, regardless of how Derby perform at Wembley, if we perform to our capability, we will win.

Player for player, we are better. Just need to get it right for 2 games now. We have been the better side in both games against them so far.

Of course, of course. This must explain why they finished comfortably above us over a 46 game season. Oh, wait....

A view from the QPR side;

Of course, of course. This must explain why they finished comfortably above us over a 46 game season. Oh, wait....

Let's just hope their players think the same too.

Their team is actually awful. Old, slow, over-the-hill and arrogant all rolled into one.

But, I definitely see comparisons with that West Ham United side which went up in the playoffs a couple of seasons ago. I have a horrible feeling they might just do it.

They're about the same, I would rather play Brighton or Forest again really  :ph34r:

I think whichever one we face will be more experienced than us and have more 'quality' (but people seem to define quality by price tags and wage bills these days) than us, but go in playing themselves down as underdogs. I've said before I'd rather beat QPR and looking at them I think QPR slightly edge it. McManaman, Maloney, Jordi Gomez and Powell scare me more than Austin, Barton and Morrison, but each team has their weaknesses.

If it's QPR, I'll be happier because they're not as dangerous up front.

If it's Wigan, I'll be happy we have more tickets and are facing a weaker defence.

Let's just hope their players think the same too.

Their team is actually awful. Old, slow, over-the-hill and arrogant all rolled into one.

But, I definitely see comparisons with that West Ham United side which went up in the playoffs a couple of seasons ago. I have a horrible feeling they might just do it.

I think, if it's QPR, then it's down to us. Play like we did last night and it won't really matter what QPR do. To be honest, I hope it is QPR on a certain level, and I hope their team turns up with that attitude at Wembley. If they do then I can see them getting raped.

Huge pressure on them in a final as well. Fail to go up and that squad is finished. They can't afford to keep that squad for another season in the Championship.

I think, if it's QPR, then it's down to us. Play like we did last night and it won't really matter what QPR do. To be honest, I hope it is QPR on a certain level, and I hope their team turns up with that attitude at Wembley. If they do then I can see them getting raped.

Huge pressure on them in a final as well. Fail to go up and that squad is finished. They can't afford to keep that squad for another season in the Championship.

They could quite easily do a Portsmouth if they fail to make it up this season and their owner pulls the plug.

I'd say I'd feel sorry for the fans, but from what I've read (only a small portion) they seem to have that big-time charlie attitude as well.

I'm amazed at how mnay clubs don't rate our players at all. I've seen comments from Brighton, Leicester, Burnley, Middlesbrough, QPR, Forest and Reading all saying we're basically just a momentum team with midtable standard players.

Archived