Watching tonight?

LanguedocFox

QPR looked dangerous when Wigan camped in their box. Zamora's strength was key, I don't want to see him up against Keogh. It's imperative that we build a two goal lead and don't sit too deep. Fortunately we have the form and goalscorers to do just that, and if we take the first goal we could take a large win.

Who am I kidding, I'm stupidly nervous.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hasn't Green been largely very good this season? He certainly saved them tonight.

Against a side without a proper striker?

Plus Green's always got that Abramovic-style gormless look on his face. Never looks better than when he's picking the ball out of the back of the net....

Other than Hoilett QPR have absolutely no pace whatsoever.

We should play with a high-line like we did at the Ipro against Brighton, win the midfield battle and just bomb on at their defence.

Wigan were slow and still caused them problems. They won't deal with our pace.

We should play with a high-line like we did at the Ipro against Brighton, win the midfield battle and just bomb on at their defence.

What?

What happened to sitting back and letting them have the ball???

Wembley pitch a bit larger than Loftus Road too, so there should be plenty of space, no surprise their away record is so weak.

I thought QPR played well last night, apart from the first 20 minutes or so. I've watched them on the box a few times in the past few months, and they've sometimes looked like a bunch of individuals who met up the morning of the match. But I thought against Wigan they played well as a team, and they definitely deserved their win.

As a neutral, I am looking forward to the final - should be a good one.

That is because he had to deal only with long high balls into the box with only

a couple of forwards in the box and no recognised striker.He is going to **** himself

when he is confronted with players coming at him with pace with the ball on the ground.

Why would you do that when their best attribute is crossing the ball?

I wouldn't do it full stop.

But now you seem to be advocating exactly what you argued against previously.

I.e having possession and attacking, rather than sitting back and defending /letting them have the ball, and then relying on outpacing the opposition on the break.

Which is fine.

Incidentally v Brighton

goal 1. They had 9 men behind the ball when the cross came in.

goal 2. They had 8 men behind the ball when the cross came in.

goal 3. They had 9 men behind the ball when the shot came in.

goal 4. They had 8 men behind the ball when the hendrick picked up possession and 5 when he shot.

Difference is we had a decent counter attack and defensive base at Brighton, Brighton at PP had no counter attack and a poor defensive base.

No surprise our ball retention was much better with Hughes in the team, who I would start at Wembley.

I wouldn't do it full stop.

But now you seem to be advocating exactly what you argued against previously.

I.e having possession and attacking, rather than sitting back and defending /letting them have the ball, and then relying on outpacing the opposition on the break.

Which is fine.

Incidentally v Brighton

goal 1. They had 9 men behind the ball when the cross came in.

goal 2. They had 8 men behind the ball when the cross came in.

goal 3. They had 9 men behind the ball when the shot came in.

goal 4. They had 8 men behind the ball when the hendrick picked up possession and 5 when he shot.

If we take the lead, like we did at the iPro against QPR, we'll naturally sit back anyway.

At 0-0 Wigan were all over QPR, then at 1-0 QPR were all over Wigan. Then at 1-1 I'd say Wigan were the most likely winner in 90 minutes.

Like I said before, scorelines and goals completely change games. QPR will be conservative, but if they go behind, Redknapp will throw on a 50k-a-week player and they'll throw the kitchen sink at us.

I really could see us winning 2-0, finishing them off on the counter in the second half.

Archived