Credit where it's due - well done flagman

curb

I have to say I didn't think the move to the South Stand would make any difference, but both games this season with us in the South Stand have been absolutely cracking atmospheres.

OK, they were our biggest games of the season by far, but if it's anything to go by it's going to be great in there next season, especially as it's almost guaranteed it will be full for every game.

The club have done well too, by changing it for the big games it's given us a taste of what it can be like.

So well done Nick, we've got our mojo back!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it's clear the atmosphere in both occasions was enhanced by the move. As much as anything, having a corner is really bad for acoustics, and now matter how much Brighton chanted, the North Stand could out-do them with ease. This is coming from someone fairly close to the SE corner.

Loved it when the Sound Stand pointed around at the different stands demanding a song.

I'm not sure why we ever chose to huddle in a corner.

The other good thing for the atmosphere is how it looks. It looks more impressive than the corner. It's more influential because it's more intimidating/inspiring to view than that corner.

Plus a few of the little cliques have been broken. In the SE nobody sung until the nearest little pocket of singers joined/started a chant. It was like 3 different little squads!!

Plus there's a far better feeling about belting out noise into the open ground.

It's all about bravado and show. The SS provides that stage.

Even got a good chunk of West Standers caught up with us yesterday. I'm sure I saw some aggressive clapping as far round as the technical areas.

Be great if we can get some banter with other stands. Like the SW getting one going yesterday.

(Just worry what impact more Championship football would have?)

It would be good if we could sing Stevie Macs Barmy Army for a couple of verses then point at the East Stand while they sing it for a couple of rounds, then the South Stand again, then all point at the SW corner then they sing it, then south Stand again, then all point at the North Stand, then the whole ground keep it going.

Dunno, would be a laugh if we could get it going.

Every game the South stand should stand for the entire match. People should also bring scarves and flags to wave every game. It was brilliant. I can't wait until we get safe standing and get another 50% in the South stand. We should also fund some more flags. 

Safe standing wouldn't alter the capacity of the stand, could only sell 1 ticket per rail seat, unfortunately.

Read somewhere that its 3 standing per 2 seats when seats are locked. That's why clubs want it back can increase attendance. Don't believe clubs would spend money on it and back it if it didn't reward then financially do u

Even though they were mostly little cheap ones all the flags along with the scarves looked great yesterday. Need to get more flags definitely and make it an unofficial standing stand.

Scraves and flanges good, ballions bad.

I thought this was going to be a thread about the lineslady. ;) Thought she did ok, pressure match and all that.

I thought it was going to be about the bigot who is a moderator on the LTLF Florist forum. I was about to write a very rude post.

I thought that ref's assistant did a good job yesterday.

Read somewhere that its 3 standing per 2 seats when seats are locked. That's why clubs want it back can increase attendance. Don't believe clubs would spend money on it and back it if it didn't reward then financially do u

I stand corrected, was basing my assumption on one of the proposed trials.

Looking on the fsf website, ratio can be up to 1:1.8 per seat.

Archived