Brighton manager to resign

Subman

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jealous

Expect good football and winning football..

The complete opposite of our manager :(

I can't remember the last time a manager came into this division with little to no knowledge of this division and did well.

All the current managers have been brought up in and around the english game at the very least.

Henning Berg - flopped

Stale Solbakken - flopped, incredibly

Steve McClaren - flopped

Sven - flopped

Sousa - poor for QPR, half decent for swansea and flopped incredibly at leicester

Martinez - done a good job

Jan Poortvielt - flopped, Mark Wotte - flopped

Luigi De Canio - flopped

and yeah - we will see, if bris is correct i look forward to good and winning football from brighton, as opposed to our poor and losing football.

So weird looking back at stuff from the start of the year, a lot can change.

If you are from Leicester, you will recall how much gobsh!te was being talked about Nigel Pearson at the end of last season.

I think Garcia should have done what Pearson did after we failed in the playoff semis last year. Admitedly we performed better than Brighton, but we still lost - and Pearson used it as a platform for this season.

Incidentally (taking the above post from Ambitious) Pearson had little or no experience of the second tier when he brought City up.

My prediction was pretty much spot on... They won games and played good football.

McLaren has done a better job and now we play better football than them but I said that whilst Clough was in charge.

A lot of the Brighton fans on their board have named Clough as the man they want to take over. They will go backwards with him in charge IMO. They'll be even less potent and ship more goals and slide back into midtable obscurity

Having read their forum extensively in the last week or so I'm not sure the Brighton fans would agree with the suggestion they have played good football. Ponderous, possession football similar to what we saw here under Clough sounds more like it, if perhaps a little more solid at the back.

I reckon he did a good job to get them 6th though. With another summer I reckon they'd have come on stronger next season but who knows, obviously he wasn't confident of being the man to take them to the next level.

Having read their forum extensively in the last week or so I'm not sure the Brighton fans would agree with the suggestion they have played good football. Ponderous, possession football similar to what we saw here under Clough sounds more like it, if perhaps a little more solid at the back.

I reckon he did a good job to get them 6th though. With another summer I reckon they'd have come on stronger next season but who knows, obviously he wasn't confident of being the man to take them to the next level.

This. I was chatting to the office Brighton fan today - season ticket holder - and he seconded this sentiment. Garcia's football was not attractive to watch but he was still well liked by the fans. I'm sure the majority will be disappointed.

Archived