Play-off Final: Derby County v Queens Park Rangers

CumbrianRam

The more times I see the goal the worse it looks.

The whole buildup to it was a mess. Bucko with that 40 yard smash to Forsyth when it clearly wasnt on. Dawkins didnt get back to cover Forsyth fast enough then Forsyth let Hoilett run away from him even then Bucko should have put it into Row Z. Unfortunately Keoghs' weight was all on his standing foot hence the powderpuff clearance to Zamora he could have totally missed it and it would have been better.

But never mind its still a brilliant season just a shame about the cruel ending.

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not much to say that hasn't already been said.

Gutted to lose a game we were so in control of, gutted to lose a game of that magnitude, gutted because the lads know they were the better side, they know we SHOULD have won it and they should have got what their efforts this season deserved.

As it is, they've now got to have a summer of what ifs and what should have been and that is probably worse than if they'd got played off the park.

Overall though, they should be immensely proud, not just for what they achieved this season but also for the way they went about it. This Derby County team/squad has been like a breath of fresh air at times. Great to wacth and usually good enough to play teams off the park.

Fortunately there are some real brilliant characters in the squad, it's going to be their job to pick their mates up over the summer, dust themselves down, STICK TOGETHER and remember that there won't be many teams who can live with them next season if they play the same way.

Woke up this morning after I utterly drowned my sorrows and am sat here in quite a good mood.

So we lost the final. All we have to do is get 84 points next season and see where we are.  Leicester screwed it up before they got promoted and then tore the league up.  I expect we will keep the squad and I fancy 2 of the 3 loanees and sign Zak as he is out of contract.

Not many teams will fancy playing us next season, home or away.

Not much to say that hasn't already been said.

Gutted to lose a game we were so in control of, gutted to lose a game of that magnitude, gutted because the lads know they were the better side, they know we SHOULD have won it and they should have got what their efforts this season deserved.

As it is, they've now got to have a summer of what ifs and what should have been and that is probably worse than if they'd got played off the park.

Overall though, they should be immensely proud, not just for what they achieved this season but also for the way they went about it. This Derby County team/squad has been like a breath of fresh air at times. Great to wacth and usually good enough to play teams off the park.

Fortunately there are some real brilliant characters in the squad, it's going to be their job to pick their mates up over the summer, dust themselves down, STICK TOGETHER and remember that there won't be many teams who can live with them next season if they play the same way.

It is a massive disappointment, but the players and staff know what they are capable of and should we approach next season in the right frame of mind I reckon we could be on for another cracker. I really feel for the players because we all know how much they have given this season, done our club proud and I hope the togetherness carries on. I think we can all be proud.

Who the hell is going to want to play against us next season? Good job we have the World Cup to help get us through the summer though.

I was/am a broken man after the result. It affected me ways I didn't think a football match could. The goal. Their fans. Everything just hurt after the game.

I hope to be proved wrong, but I think this summer will hurt us. We've already lost 2 key players in Wisdom and Thorne. Thorne's loss especially is massive. That's without losing anyone else, which I think inevitably will happen.

It's going to be interesting - I hope to be proved wrong, but naturally I am expecting the worse. 

The game, well, I think we played well but got sloppy trying to push matters. However, as a team we'd finish in the top 2 comfortably with the squad/management we have.

But, we're going to losing a few players from that unit that need to be replaced correctly. Let's see what happens.

I was/am a broken man after the result. It affected me ways I didn't think a football match could. The goal. Their fans. Everything just hurt after the game.

I hope to be proved wrong, but I think this summer will hurt us. We've already lost 2 key players in Wisdom and Thorne. Thorne's loss especially is massive. That's without losing anyone else, which I think inevitably will happen.

It's going to be interesting - I hope to be proved wrong, but naturally I am expecting the worse.

The game, well, I think we played well but got sloppy trying to push matters. However, as a team we'd finish in the top 2 comfortably with the squad/management we have.

But, we're going to losing a few players from that unit that need to be replaced correctly. Let's see what happens.

I experienced this in 1994. The journey back with that scum hanging flags etc from get motorway bridges around Leicester. That though helped strengthen my resolve when faced with stuff like yesterday. Trust me, 1994 was as bad as it could be.

Can anyone genuinely say, hand on heart, after watching those catalogue of defensive errors that gifted QPR a goal that we deserved to win the game?

Nope. 

Dominated the game, were the better side for the vast majority of it, but gifted them the goal. 

No problem with QPR - just incredibly fooking irritating that we managed to shoot ourselves in the foot so spectacularly.

We'll know before the first game of the season where, roughly, we will be. 

If we sign Wisdom and Thorne and 3/4 others, then I would be confident.  Especially if we don't lose anyone.

BUT...

If we don't sign Wisdom or Thorne, lose Bryson or Hughes or whoever. I think we'll be in a difficult situation.

It's overlooked but I think we're going to be about 8 or 9 players short of the squad this season. If everyone is replaced, that's one hell of a haul. 

Can anyone genuinely say, hand on heart, after watching those catalogue of defensive errors that gifted QPR a goal that we deserved to win the game?

Based on this theory, the whole 'deserved' argument is mostly pointless, cos whoever wins the game would have deserved it no matter what happened in the game.

Based on this theory, the whole 'deserved' argument is mostly pointless, cos whoever wins the game would have deserved it no matter what happened in the game.

Not so much for me to comment on how Derby fans or the rest of the footballing world see it, but from a QPR fans point of view, it feels very undeserved. I posted as such throughout this thread, that I wished the result to reflect the one who had played the best, that their should be no feeling of regret on either side.

If we had lost, and myself and those around me were resigned to the fact that we would, I dont think you would have had many complaining that we ahd been short changed in some manner. 

Likewise, though perhaps I could argue that we did deserve the victory, given teh professional defensive work and taking the only opportunity presented to us, there is little desire to do so. As victories go, that is one of the more disappointing I have experienced.... there is a fair amount of emptiness. Then again, I never particularly liked, or was any good at, chess! I never saw that checkmate coming

We were naive , mate , it was obvious to me that QPR were going to go 'gung ho' for the winner in the last minute.

If that didn't work QPR would have seen out extra time (till the last minute) , gone gung ho again ..

Last resort/hope for you would have been the lottery of penalties..

Not only did I wake up depressed I actually watched the highlights pi**ed at 3.30.am so I didn't have to watch it this morning.....also if you heard the idiot smacking the large metal vent at the back of the stand behind the goal to get the singing going (which was a bit flat I thought but had others been in London since 9.30.?? lol) I'm afraid that was me and Ive got a massive bruised and swollen wrist

hey ho - DCFC - forever and a day!!

Not so much for me to comment on how Derby fans or the rest of the footballing world see it, but from a QPR fans point of view, it feels very undeserved. I posted as such throughout this thread, that I wished the result to reflect the one who had played the best, that their should be no feeling of regret on either side.

If we had lost, and myself and those around me were resigned to the fact that we would, I dont think you would have had many complaining that we ahd been short changed in some manner. 

Likewise, though perhaps I could argue that we did deserve the victory, given teh professional defensive work and taking the only opportunity presented to us, there is little desire to do so. As victories go, that is one of the more disappointing I have experienced.... there is a fair amount of emptiness. Then again, I never particularly liked, or was any good at, chess! I never saw that checkmate coming

Just a point,but doesn't 'arry deserve a lot of credit for that result?I was impressed.

Archived