Play-off Final: Derby County v Queens Park Rangers

CumbrianRam

Can't bloody believe this has been on here for nearly two hours, and no one's batted an eyelid.

Call me a doubting Thomas, but I'm going to have to see it to believe it. Anybody have any footage?

I was extremely close to posting 'Yeah, my cocks 2 metres long, so what' but thought better of it.

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our lads should use it as a warm up for next years play-off final

If we don't go up on Saturday then I don't see us needing the playoffs next season. 

The sides that have come down are gash, and the rest of the division won't be any different. Wigan - Meh, Reading - Yawn, Brighton - Nuh huh, Forest -  :lol:

If we want to take flags into wembley stadium do we need to get permission of someone or will we be ok taking them in?

I bought one from the club shop today and was just curious.

The 5 foot by 3 foot ones are fine.

Derby County 4-3 QPR (aet)

Martin '12
Barton '36
Morrison '67
Austin '69
Sammon '72, 87, 120+3

That just made me shiver......

Hard working but under-skilled player from the celtic nations pops up with a winner at Wembley as the highlight of an undistinguished Rams career. Written in the stars innit?

Hard working but under-skilled player from the celtic nations pops up with a winner at Wembley as the highlight of an undistinguished Rams career. Written in the stars innit?

If I live to see it - I'll be mighty chuffed....

Been there, done that.

Against Brighton in the semi final, they fell apart when they lost a central defender and seemed to have no plan B. For me, the biggest fear would be losing one or both fullbacks. What would be the plan to cover?

I'd have thought Hendrick would have to replace Wisdom at right back, and Keogh would cover for Forsyth at left back (with Whitbread coming into the centre). Or, given our likely 18 on the day, do we have better alternatives? I'm envisaging (cover from within the starting 11 or from the bench in parentheses):

Grant (Leggy)

Wisdom (Hendrick)

Forsyth (Keogh)

Keogh (Whitbread/Wisdom)

Buxton (Whitbread/Wisdom)

Thorne (Eustace/Hendrick)

Bryson (Hendrick)

Hughes (Hendrick)

Martin (Sammon/Russell/Bamford)

Ward (Dawkins/Bamford/Sammon)

Russell (Dawkins/Bamford/Sammon)

Of course somwe on here would play Bryson and Hendrick as the forward midfield pair, but the point's the same.

Archived